Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that no one is getting TPWs when I asked if I would get one. My order was placed in November and has been at 3000 since the week of 4/17. I would expect that in order to get to 3300 the TPW would have to be updated to show something.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I didn't get a TPW at all when mine went to 3300, or 3400. Next thing I heard was that I was at 3800 and I had a VIN. Apparently some people are still getting their TPW's though.

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
My dealer told me that no one is getting TPWs when I asked if I would get one. My order was placed in November and has been at 3000 since the week of 4/17. I would expect that in order to get to 3300 the TPW would have to be updated to show something.
I called the Dealer Bus Ctr. this morn to check on 6 of my orders that are in 3000 + status. The response I got was that there will be no TPW updates this week. She was not certain if it was for good or only this week...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called the Dealer Bus Ctr. this morn to check on 6 of my orders that are in 3000 + status. The response I got was that there will be no TPW updates this week. She was not certain if it was for good or only this week...
OK, I guess that's what my dealer was talking about.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i would estimate you to get off 3000 in the next week or so. most folks seem to be stuck for a month at 3000.

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Most TPWs of 3000 will be moving this week --

Keep in mind that we are not running the line at full-speed -- we're taking our time to ensure that the cars are right -- this means that a lot of cars were moved to event 3000 -- and kinda stayed there for two weeks simply because we have not accelerated the line as fast as we'd originally planned.

That said, the acceleration is moving forward -- and thus, a lot of cars will go from 3000 to 3400 --

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most TPWs of 3000 will be moving this week --

Keep in mind that we are not running the line at full-speed -- we're taking our time to ensure that the cars are right -- this means that a lot of cars were moved to event 3000 -- and kinda stayed there for two weeks simply because we have not accelerated the line as fast as we'd originally planned.

That said, the acceleration is moving forward -- and thus, a lot of cars will go from 3000 to 3400 --
What about the 1100's that were ordered in October or months before 3/16?

·
Registered
51 Posts
that depends on your dealer's allocation:thumbsup:

Lets be specific to avoid confusion...allocation? The allocation for preorders? The allocation they get for pulls? What allocation since there are so many references on these threads? They were allocated 4 presolds and filled all of them. None of them have been pulled yet...YET!! And 3 of us ordered in October. I have 2 other dealers very close that have anywhere from 2-3 orders built and up to 6 more pending. After all this time I am faced with cancelling and reordering with someone that is at least competent in communicating what is going on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm guessing, that since the TPW is an estimate of when it will be built (and back when I was at the dealer they were pretty accurate and more likely early than late) that with this being a new line, and such they dont feel they have accurate data to project well. People are tired of waiting and if they give a TPW and the car is not built, people may get more upset with GM etc. Just a thought

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Lets be specific to avoid confusion...allocation? The allocation for preorders? The allocation they get for pulls? What allocation since there are so many references on these threads? They were allocated 4 presolds and filled all of them. None of them have been pulled yet...YET!! And 3 of us ordered in October. I have 2 other dealers very close that have anywhere from 2-3 orders built and up to 6 more pending. After all this time I am faced with cancelling and reordering with someone that is at least competent in communicating what is going on.
Each dealer was given an initial allocation -- for Camaros that he or she would receive by the 3rd quarter. We simply cannot build all 14,000 Camaros in the first two or three months.....

If your dealer had, say -- 5 Camaros allocated -- and you are one of those 5, your car will be built by the third quarter. We have scheduled or built about half - of the pre-order cars.

The problem is this: If the dealer was given 5 Camaros - and you are number 8 - you will most likely not see your Camaro prior to the third quarter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Each dealer was given an initial allocation -- for Camaros that he or she would receive by the 3rd quarter. We simply cannot build all 14,000 Camaros in the first two or three months.....

If your dealer had, say -- 5 Camaros allocated -- and you are one of those 5, your car will be built by the third quarter. We have scheduled or built about half - of the pre-order cars.

The problem is this: If the dealer was given 5 Camaros - and you are number 8 - you will most likely not see your Camaro prior to the third quarter.
That makes sense to some degree, but what was the purpose of early order? Wasn't that supposed to give them an idea of possible mix and as a prebuild for the enthusiast so we didn't have to wait through the order flood at the beginning? My dealer was allocated 4 cars and presold all of them as SS's. They have not had one order pulled for production yet and the first 3 orders were placed in October. They told me yesterday they have one V6 ordered after the cutoff and it's at 2500, and they are getting another allocation this week for another V6 and that will be built before the original presold 4 V8's. I sense that some of the V8 orders will hang in hope that they change to a V6. One of the other dealers that I buy from has ordered V8's after the cutoff and they are built or on there way.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Obviously those that work in the industry know a helluva lot more, but scheduling cars to be built is more complex than who got their orders to their dealers first.

As I understand the original plans....

FIRST- Camaros will be concentrated where there are inroads are hoped to be made into the market, Example: places where competition from Mustangs, et al, are strong. If you don't live in those target areas, this may hurt your chances.

Second- All pre-orders are supposed to be built by THIRD QUARTER 2009. This means if you haven't been pulled yet, hang on to your seat, the third quarter isn't done. If your car isn't built by Sept 30th, start kicking sand then. IF you're not a pre-order or got a "build by 3rd quarter" allocation, then you may not see the car until 4th quarter. Depends on how fast the line can get to flow-through capability. Also, as you point out, there's a mix to be built. Most enthusiasts order an SS. Not every Camaro built to September can have a V8. CAFE standards and all...there must be some V6s in there as well. The balance must be achieved.

Third- GM wants everyone who wants a Camaro to get theirs. If they could fill the lots tomorrow so you could take yours home, they'd do it.

It's tough to wait, but hang in there. As these recall issues and the sort get lined out and the line gets sped up and more shifts added, it WILL get better. It has to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts