Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone from another forum said as of mid November there is a new ECM operating system for the 2010 camaros... is this ture?

·
Registered
146 Posts
yes there is a new o/s for the v8's

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
So someone from another forum said as of mid November there is a new ECM operating system for the 2010 camaros... is this ture?
:eek: Can someone provide the text of the bulletin or a linky?

I got my car tuned right around mid-November. This would of course wipe out the tune and I'd have to get it done all over -- not likely the tuner's going to give me any discount for a do-over. What does it fix/add?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I got my car tuned right around mid-November. This would of course wipe out the tune and I'd have to get it done all over -- not likely the tuner's going to give me any discount for a do-over. What does it fix/add?
i'm going to guess on or just before November 19th, that is when the guy i talked to about it on the diablosport forum posted up "new operating system" if that helps... as for your custom tune, you'll have to talk to your tuner about that and tell them the situation to see if they can work something out for ya :thumbsup:

can't find any more info about it on the web, and service dept at my local dealer is closed for the day!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
So is this one of those deals where if you take the car in they reflash it or only if there's some sort of problem?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you take it in for anything, oil change, wiper blades, wintergreen air freshener... they are required to hook it up and update anything that has not been updated.

ok maybe not an air freshener!

·
Registered
146 Posts
if you take it in for anything, oil change, wiper blades, wintergreen air freshener... they are required to hook it up and update anything that has not been updated.

ok maybe not an air freshener!
thats not the way it works

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
How does it work than?
as far as I know, they only update anything if there are issues....or if you request it (in which case I've heard that dealers may try and charge you for it, since there are no problems).

I don't see a dealer automatically updating anything if you just bring you car in for an oil change...they don't stay "up" on all service bulletins for every car, and I highly doubt they check unless the customer mentions anything.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Then everyone who's even THINKING of getting a tune should get the latest OS, otherwise all the tuners will need to ensure they have both OS versions to tune your car properly. I'm sure any OS change to the ECM would obliterate any tune you had should it get updated after the fact.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

most tuners wont charge you for a re-flash (some even do updates for free)...check w/ him. But if your not having any issues, I doubt the dealer would automatically flash in the new OS.

·
Registered
396 Posts
as far as I know, they only update anything if there are issues....or if you request it (in which case I've heard that dealers may try and charge you for it, since there are no problems).

I don't see a dealer automatically updating anything if you just bring you car in for an oil change...they don't stay "up" on all service bulletins for every car, and I highly doubt they check unless the customer mentions anything.
Well a while back I had a problem with a warning light that kept coming on, I took it in and they said there was an update for a problem with the heater. They couldn't update it because their was a problem with their equipment. They told me to come back in a couple weeks but I never did because I had no problem with my heater. Ill mention it to them to see if they can do it now.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I went in for an oil change and they automatically updated mine. I had no clue about it until they told me right befor they did it. I wasnt having any problems befor.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I went in for an oil change and they automatically updated mine. I had no clue about it until they told me right befor they did it. I wasnt having any problems befor.
wow...you have a good dealer, I've never heard of any service department (not around here anyway) actually going out of their way for a customer...that's amazing, what a concept. ;) :D

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i gotta go into the dealer this afternoon to fix an oil leak and the rattling in my trunk lid. Also, my reliable lawn mowers put a nice SCRATCH in my front fender with their equipment that i am going to have them fix at the same time!

anyone think they might have a clue what the oil leak is from?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good news: the trunk monkey rattling in the trunk lid is gone.

ok news: the dealership could not find the source of the oil leak, they put dye in the oil, let it sit overnight, drove it around today, and found no leak what so ever... i dunno if that is good or bad!

bad news: i don't get my car back until Wednesday because of the stupid scratch they are fixing! :thumbsdown:

even worse news: i don't even get to drive the car for the next 2 weeks because i have to go out of town for the holidays! :angry::BangHead:

·
Banned
7 Posts
New Update

My son is a tech @ the dealership and says there is an update. Something to do with the air conditioner freezing. That may be why some are getting it when they go for service. Need to take mine in and get the new flash so I can download it and re-tune. That way I'll have the lastest available GM stored on the predator. I'll see if he will get me a link to all the Camaro bulletins. Here is the bulletin View attachment 09207A.doc I now have access to all the bulletins

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My son is a tech @ the dealership and says there is an update. Something to do with the air conditioner freezing. That may be why some are getting it when they go for service. Need to take mine in and get the new flash so I can download it and re-tune. That way I'll have the lastest available GM stored on the predator. I'll see if he will get me a link to all the Camaro bulletins. Here is the bulletin View attachment 4754 I now have access to all the bulletins
That might just be the HVAC update he's referring to. If that's the case, you won't need to reflash the ECM with your tune -- it's just a module controlled by the ECM. I had a tune before and I didn't need to redo anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts