359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this quote from the dealer I bought the car from:

Exhaust. 850
Ground effects 2250
Paint to match 750
Total. 3850
Your price 3700

I'm pretty sure there are cheaper alternatives, but is this a good deal to consider? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
honestly, i would put on a aftermarket exhaust. its cheaper, and a complete catback. not just a axle back liek the gmpp ones. plus borla makes the gmpp exhaust any ways. as far as paint, thats not that bad of a deal. i would rather a chevy garage paint it for me than anyone else.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'd agree about the paint price... not bad, but you may find cheaper from a reputable local shop.

As for the ground effects themselves, that seems ridiculous. The exhaust can certainly be had cheaper and better aftermarket.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got this quote from the dealer I bought the car from:

Exhaust. 850
Ground effects 2250
Paint to match 750
Total. 3850
Your price 3700

I'm pretty sure there are cheaper alternatives, but is this a good deal to consider? Thanks for your input.
Got my 1LT Ground Effects Kit, from the same dealer I bought from, painted and installed for 2350. They will bargain if you squeak enough. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll talk to the dealer to see if they can drop the price a little more. I want to make this a "one stop" deal though. I'd rather pay the extra money than having to buy at one place, paint at another, install at a third location, etc.

Another thing, how close to the ground does the GE kit get? That is something that concerns me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
installation is included when you buy it through your dealer so don't let them screw you on that. If you're worried about it scraping on speed bumps and stuff don't, it's really not that much closer to the ground with the GE installed. I have no problems with speed bumps and if I need to park in a steep driveway, I just pull in from a hard angle and take it slow...haven't scraped them yet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts