Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this ad on Craiglist about a Silverado.
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1135515713.html

The price seems to good to be true, so I contacted the seller and this is her response...


Hi ,

Thank you for contacting me regarding my truck. I am a 25 years old single mom with 2 kids. I am now in a divorce with my ex and i am in desperate need of money to pay the mortgage on my house.
First of all I want to tell you that the truck is in perfect condition, and the price includes all the shipping costs and insurance so you will not have to pay any extra charges if you can't come to Kingston, MA to make the deal.
My brother works at the shipping company and he has 1 transportation per year for free so the shipping will be free.

Mileage: 40,100 miles

Year 2005 . The truck has a Clean Tittle which will come along with it.
I am in Kingston, MA .The truck is with me here and is in a perfect condition.
It's a great truck, I am devastated that I have to sell it but I really need the money to pay my mortgage or I'll lose my house, so I decided to sell it for $4100.
Tell me if there is anything else you would like to know about the truck.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in purchasing the truck.
Please reply,
Regards !

Andra

I still don't believe this is true. Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
seems a little fishy... maybe you can find a forum member who lives out that way to scope it out for ya??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
no, i changed my mind, very shady, i accidentally bumped into a scammer while looking for an mr2 (yea i know lol), and got similar type email, people won't tell you that much about themselves..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,794 Posts
Seems very fishy to me, I noticed one, er rather three things right off. She mentions three things in the first paragraph 1. Kingston, MA, 2. The truck is in perfect condition, 3. desperate need of money. If you remember anything about 419ers or scams, they tend to repeat themselves, and she repeated these three things. That, along with the brother who works at "the shipping company", "I'll loose my house", and "devastated to sell it" are warnings that this isn't legit.

That may be a bit of a harsh analysis of the response, and if it's actually legit, then it's one hell of a deal. There are other issues with it, like the fact that she's involved in a divorce (apparently not final) and is selling property that may not be hers to sell at this point, she says she's single with 3 kids (heartstring puller, but she just said she's in a divorce), and I don't know anyone in the shipping business, but giving employees a "1 transportation per year for free" seems like really bad business, i don't know of any shipping company that would do that.

So, that's my $.50 worth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Does'nt it say in BIG BOLD letters on the top of the page OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,794 Posts
Nevermind. I just googled the e-mail address and it is totally 100% a scam.
So, in the time it took me to analyze it as is, I could have Googled it :D

I guess I am pretty good at 10% (computer security) of my job :) The other 90% of it involves way too many things to list here :D

Glad you didn't fall for it, and remember kids, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. But do look out for the really good deal that is legit, there are some out there, just not very many :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does'nt it say in BIG BOLD letters on the top of the page OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT?
Not on the page I was looking at. I did a search on the main page for Louisville, KY for Silverado and it pulled up the results.
I went back and looked after I read your message, and it does state that if you click that auto-truck tab, but not if you do a search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I got ya... I was just messin around, always look at something before you give up your hard earned cash..:thumbsup:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top