Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Do I need a tune if I have only done ported throttle body,Cai and adm scoop? Everything else is stock just checking to see if I am damaging anything.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Hello everyone,

Do I need a tune if I have only done ported throttle body,Cai and adm scoop? Everything else is stock just checking to see if I am damaging anything.

Thanks
No you shouldn't need a tune. I have CAI... Throttle Body... and exhaust with no tune on mine...

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I have a CAI and had a ported TB and power wedge ... had some codes, removed the power wedge n TB n they went away ... I plan to add the TB back this spring to see

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
With all 3 of those mods I think you'll need a tune to make them play nice.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A tune would always be nice, but you shouldn't be leaning out the stock tune too much where it's bad to run without one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you won't need a tune until you do hi flow cats

·
Registered
670 Posts
you'll get more out of the car with a tune, but you don't "need" a tune at the basic modification level. It wont lean out enough to factor in. It will still knock 4-6 on the factory tune and GM is ok with that amount.

·
Registered
22 Posts
you'll get more out of the car with a tune, but you don't "need" a tune at the basic modification level. It wont lean out enough to factor in. It will still knock 4-6 on the factory tune and GM is ok with that amount.
This, and hello Phil!

Your just leaving power on the table if you don't have it tuned. Add some LT's and don't look back! If your an automatic, then you will love a transmission tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts