Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New motherboard and ram came in today..spent literally all day switching crap around. Powered it up and still had the same problem (no video)...I was quite pissed, lol.
But after a few other various tests I put in my dad's old video card and it started right up. So not only is my old motherboard fried..my NEW videocard is fried, too. Well..at least the videocard is under warranty.
But finally a computer with parts from this millenium!
I CAN PLAY GAMES THAT HAVE A THIRD DIMENSION AGAIN!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rad 58'ers are the way to go I hear, I haven't gotten one yet. Bought a GTX 260 not long after they announced the DX11 card line-ups...FML

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Pssst, everyone uses 1920 x 1200 res now. :p

What vid card did you get?
That's soooo last week. 2560x1600 is where it's at.

:lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got tired of trying to deal with ASUS live support(got a "just one momen" and never responded after that)..so I just sent in a RMA request form..they have a center in Indiana so at least the shipping won't be too much out of pocket.
I'd either like for them to repair MY card or send me a NEW one of equal or better performance..I don't want someone else's refurb, lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's soooo last week. 2560x1600 is where it's at.

:lol:
Haha, just wait a few years. We'll all be screaming "My resolution, ITS OVER 9000!"

Back to GPUs

Generally I only buy from Sapphire, XFX, or H.I.S. Whoever has the better deal at the time. I buy MOBOs from ASUS or Gigabyte. Its saved me some grief. Only ever had to replace one GPU a 4850 I got for a friend who wanted a minor gaming rig, RMA'd it just fine though so I've never had to deal with CS from any of the above companies. Just lucky I guess. Anyway, good luck with the next card. Pray it be the DX11 w/ Eyefinity! :drool:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Haha, just wait a few years. We'll all be screaming "My resolution, ITS OVER 9000!"
what you talkin about Willis?

in a few years i'll be tinkering with my hologram view monitor where everything is in mid-air :roxor:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Back to GPUs

Generally I only buy from Sapphire, XFX, or H.I.S. Whoever has the better deal at the time. I buy MOBOs from ASUS or Gigabyte. Its saved me some grief. Only ever had to replace one GPU a 4850 I got for a friend who wanted a minor gaming rig, RMA'd it just fine though so I've never had to deal with CS from any of the above companies. Just lucky I guess. Anyway, good luck with the next card. Pray it be the DX11 w/ Eyefinity! :drool:
The motherboard that fried was also an ASUS. I replaced it with a MSI(my first one from that brand) that cost half as much..and has much better build quality. :p

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
what you talkin about Willis?

in a few years i'll be tinkering with my hologram view monitor where everything is in mid-air :roxor:
And getting our hologram girlfriends pregnant!
Like in this cautionary tale (featuring nekkid Natasha Henstridge!)
outer-limits-bits-of-love

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got my RMA from ASUS for my card today. The place I'm shipping it to is a 40 minute drive away..shame I just can't drive it up there and drop it off. :lol:
No kidding, see if you can track the shipping. (Can't remember if possible with RMA's) any see if it takes the most direct route or not. My guess is not.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 26 Posts