Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to pick the Camaro or the SRT-8 Challenger....

I had the chance to personally look over, sit in and start the new challanger. It was a black on with all the options.. and wow, what a **** nice ride.

I've been waiting for the Camaro and waiting, and waiting... Do you think the top of the line Camaro will be about the same price?? 42k?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
It comes down to a personal preference. I have also been in the Challenger SRT8, but I'm holding out for the Camaro. I've also been driving a Dodge Magnum for 2 1/2 years, so that might be why I'm ready for a change.:)

As for pricing.....we'll all know at 4 PM on the 21st!:roxor:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I honestly don't see the contest when it comes to looks. I mean, the Challenger is a totally retro car with some lines smoothed out. The Camaro has a futuristic flair that adds to its legacy-inspired look.

It's just really hard to wait til March, I know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got to drive the Challenger pretty extensively this past weekend. It's a great vehicle and it sure does turn heads, but I'm still holding out. Many Dodge dealers seem to be milking the 2008s for as much as they can so getting one @ sticker isn't particularly easy but come next year I assume that won't be a problem.

Not much longer to wait for the reveal so you should be able to make a well informed decision soon :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
to pick the Camaro or the SRT-8 Challenger....

I had the chance to personally look over, sit in and start the new challanger. It was a black on with all the options.. and wow, what a **** nice ride.

I've been waiting for the Camaro and waiting, and waiting... Do you think the top of the line Camaro will be about the same price?? 42k?
well at $42k, that's just a little under the base model Vette. doesn't that sound a little too high? i see the new Challengers(SRT-8) on E-bay and they are asking ridiculous prices for them. i think i saw one with a "Buy It Now" price for $90k.

getting back to the Camaro though. is it true that the first V8 version will be called the "SS"? then a year later they are supposed to release the Z28? how many people will pass on the SS and wait(or wish they waited) for the Z28?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
getting back to the Camaro though. is it true that the first V8 version will be called the "SS"? then a year later they are supposed to release the Z28? how many people will pass on the SS and wait(or wish they waited) for the Z28?
as far as we know...that is the case. SS will be out early next year and Z28 will be out a year or so later. I'm gonna be happy with an SS...I don't want to wait another year, and the Z28 will likely be priced around the SRT-8, which is more than I want to spend.

·
Registered
318 Posts
SS and Z28 doesn't mean squat to me. Hell, if I can get an "RS" V8 with a 6-speed, I'll be thrilled. I don't care if it has cloth seats and no radio, I'll love it like my first born child.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
All speculation until Monday!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think between not having the money on hand (nor the credit score on hand), and really being a prissy pain in the @$$ about badges, I think I'm going to wait for the Z28.

Why, WHY do I have to be so patient?!?! :BangHead:

I'm DEFINITELY going to drive one right away when they come out, so we'll see how long that patience lasts :)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
well at $42k, that's just a little under the base model Vette. doesn't that sound a little too high? i see the new Challengers(SRT-8) on E-bay and they are asking ridiculous prices for them. i think i saw one with a "Buy It Now" price for $90k.

The Challenger folks don't have much problem paying a price over the base Vette considering their flagship model (Viper, duh) costs about $90k.

I won't be able to wait for the Z28 since I plan on going back to school. I need to keep it around $30k. The SS will still have more power than the GTO I'm driving now anyway.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope it comes with the hid lights like the Challenger has. . . Makes it look all that more sexy.

I can say. . . I am not strictly a Chevy fan, nor a ford or dodge fan. . . I am a fan of nice **** cars. . . It's my opinion that Dodge is coming out with nice designs. Right now I have a 03 SRT-4 and 07 Nitro.. . I love my SRT, but I'm ready to get back into a RWD. . . Back in the day I had a 82 camaro, 84 Z-28 and my lovely 86 IROC-Z. . .

ok, Can't wait until Monday. . . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.