1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Exactly like I hoped. Let's do some war wagons. Competition is a winner for the consumer...Hey, GM...your turn! Ante up!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
How Much Does It Weigh?
Thats going to be the problem, They are lighter.. Like 500 lbs.. 2011 is going to be interesting.. GM has to know this and have something ready..:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Before I say good job Ford I want to see the torque numbers and RPMs before I say if the 2011 GT will give it to a stock 2010 SS or not.

Also what will this motor put to the Rear wheels for a Manual and for an Auto ?

What size Rearend are they running ?

Whats the final weight of this car ?

Thats what I want to know.

one thing for sure when it comes down to weight/power Ford wins right now.

imo GM build an awsome car that looks Beautiful ( thats why im buying one..well that and im a Gm guy ) However the Camaro needs a Diet and I dont see why Gm didnt put the time after 4 years of work in keeping weight down.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Before I say good job Ford I want to see the torque numbers and RPMs before I say if the 2011 GT will give it to a stock 2010 SS or not.

imo GM build an awsome car that looks Beautiful ( thats why im buying one..well that and im a Gm guy ) However the Camaro needs a Diet and I dont see why Gm didnt put the time after 4 years of work in keeping weight down.
as far as HP & TQ to the ground, Ford cannot beat the efficiency GM has put into the LS powertrains over the years! where we see 80%-85% efficiency, Mustangs only see 70%-75%!

It will be an interesting match-up... I just hope the Z/28 comes out with at least an LS7 or better engine!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
as far as HP & TQ to the ground, Ford cannot beat the efficiency GM has put into the LS powertrains over the years! where we see 80%-85% efficiency, Mustangs only see 70%-75%!

It will be an interesting match-up... I just hope the Z/28 comes out with at least an LS7 or better engine!
I agree. I just wish Gm had spent more time trying to keep the weight down on the Camaro.
with 412hp 390lbs of torque and possibly 3.73's and underweight the New stang is going to be a runner.
but how will they take on mods ?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

I don't think GM made the Camaro a relatively heavy car just to be heavy, they've known from day 1 that the Mustang was lighter. I always assumed it was partly their intent to build a Camaro that would get high marks in the safety ratings categories, to appeal to a broader customer base, ditto for the independent suspension and quiet ride (things we don't all agree with, but can appreciate). Sure they could have used more aluminum than steel, but I think safety is also a reason why BMWs and Benzs are built with more steel (and are thus heavier than their Japanese competition).

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I think a quick fix that would make a big difference. Just do what they did with the ZO6 Make an all aluminum chassis and that will save probably 300lbs and some little improvements on the drivetrain and they got it. Make it for the NEW Z/28 and SS models only and that should do it.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
when does ford or do they have to meet the same safety requirements that gm has with the camaro in there mustang ?
Based on the evidence so far, I'd rather not be in the Mustang if it's involved in a crash with a Camaro.

Ed Glosser, Trivial Psychic: You're gonna get in your Mustang, you'll approach a yellow traffic light, you'll think "I can make it, I'm in a Mustang", the light turns red before you get there, you get t-boned by a Camaro coming the other way, it's gonna hurt real bad. DON'T get in that mustang!
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/ed-glosser-trivial-psychic/274581/

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can't wait to see the 2011 camaro and 2011 stang race should b very close .... i don't think the mustang will win though.... i have a hunch the 5.0L will be alot slower and overrated

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I can't wait to see the 2011 camaro and 2011 stang race should b very close .... i don't think the mustang will win though.... i have a hunch the 5.0L will be alot slower and overrated
I for one sure hope you are right. Otherwise Gm is going to need to step it up.

The question is will we have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just like mustangs of the past. I agree, it seems the history of mustang have always leaned toward underachievement. Bring it on, I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts