Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
probably a dyno-tune for mine...I'm meeting up Wednesday with a possible new client...just happens to be a corvette dyno-tune shop :D:D:D...so I'll be working out a barter arrangement.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Tint and new wheels will be popular mods.

CAI, tune, cat-back, and headers will be the next biggest ones. IMO

I still need to get a tune and some other goodies for my G8. (sigh)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Mine'll probably be a custom Paint Job, but it won't be until I get my Camaro (approx 1-2........decades. lol)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'll have Flowmaster exhaust on mine within the first week or two of purchasing.

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
148 Posts
The first thing I would probaly do is an exhaust, and at the very least a tune.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
gettin' rid of any gold bow-ties.:yay::eureka::barf:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tint on glass, and the 20 inch polished wheels, (I ordered a black 2SS with CG stripes.) CAI, long tubes, full exhaust, cams and a tune. I'm desperately trying NOT to go FI the first year of owning, but I think I'm going to fail that challenge, seeing as I have already set aside money for it..

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
gettin' rid of any gold bow-ties.:yay::eureka::barf:
Grill insert (sans Chevy emblem) is a GM part (see Dale Jr. SEMA car).

Right now it looks like the dovetail rear spoiler and window tinting for me. In the GM Performance Parts catalog, the part number for the dovetail rear spoiler has a description of "Rear wing spoiler (primed)". I may have to coordinate with my dealer to get that thing installed in time for me to pick up the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
im kind of surprised to see so many people say they are getting a tune when they arent doing any major mods. i have been under the impression that a tune is worth the cash only after adding LT's, cam, heads, ect to compensate for the new parts, but you will see minimal gains on a relatively stock motor. am i wrong?

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
148 Posts
have been under the impression that a tune is worth the cash only after adding LT's, cam, heads, ect to compensate for the new parts, but you will see minimal gains on a relatively stock motor. am i wrong?
If it's anything like the previous F-bodies, GTOs and Corvettes, even a simple tune when stock will net you somewhere around 20hp or so and much better driveability.

Is 300 bux worth 20hp, that's up to the individual person to decide, but there is definitely power to be had even stock (especially for automatic transmissions and the dreaded torque management)

·
Registered
256 Posts
hmmm im gonna have to see some numbers on other peoples tunes... if im adding dual electric cutouts, should i tune with them open or closed. I know it wont make a huge difference either way but i have to do one or the other

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
If it's anything like the previous F-bodies, GTOs and Corvettes, even a simple tune when stock will net you somewhere around 20hp or so and much better driveability.

Is 300 bux worth 20hp, that's up to the individual person to decide, but there is definitely power to be had even stock (especially for automatic transmissions and the dreaded torque management)
Not to mention on the newer V8s (using the Silverado V8s for a reference) you can get 15-20HP from a CAI also.
So those together would be around 35-40HP.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
im kind of surprised to see so many people say they are getting a tune when they arent doing any major mods. i have been under the impression that a tune is worth the cash only after adding LT's, cam, heads, ect to compensate for the new parts, but you will see minimal gains on a relatively stock motor. am i wrong?
It's totally worth it (even more so if you get an auto). I even got a tune for my stock DD I6 trailblazer and it's worth every penny...more responsive, tranny shifts so much better and better MPG.

Some tuners will give you a second tune free (or discounted) after you do some mods...so you see exactly how much HP you're getting before/after. BUT...to get the most of your mods you definitely do want to get a tune done AFTER the mods to take full advantage.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts