Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I am not a member of C5 nor do I ever intend to be... What happened?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
If it sucks so bad, why is it the busier site?

I'm not asking this with an attitude (as should be obvious by my participation on this site). I'm really curious as to why it's so popular. There are a lot more members and there is a lot more activity. There are more sponsors, especially dealers, and GM even takes quite and interest in what they do (I'm sure they have interest here, but it may not be as obvious). Case in point that C5 is advertising their own car show that GM will be bring Camaros to.

One thing that I think Tim should do here is update the home page much more often. The latest Camaro news or tidbits -- like Camaro outselling the Mustang again, should be right on the home page. It's been HeatherMarie2LT for weeks now (no offense, Heather). There are also old links that aren't relevant anymore, too. I'm sure that's not why this site is not more popular (though it would help for passers-by), but I dunno what truly makes C5 that much "better." Maybe it's because I am not a member on the other site, just browse occasionally, but with all the bickering people make about it, I just wonder...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

I'm not asking this with an attitude (as should be obvious by my participation on this site). I'm really curious as to why it's so popular. There are a lot more members and there is a lot more activity. There are more sponsors, especially dealers, and GM even takes quite and interest in what they do (I'm sure they have interest here, but it may not be as obvious). Case in point that C5 is advertising their own car show that GM will be bring Camaros to.

One thing that I think Tim should do here is update the home page much more often. The latest Camaro news or tidbits -- like Camaro outselling the Mustang again, should be right on the home page. It's been HeatherMarie2LT for weeks now (no offense, Heather). There are also old links that aren't relevant anymore, too. I'm sure that's not why this site is not more popular (though it would help for passers-by), but I dunno what truly makes C5 that much "better." Maybe it's because I am not a member on the other site, just browse occasionally, but with all the bickering people make about it, I just wonder...
One sentence answer: #1 Google search ranked site. Has been that way for a long while. Back before my two bans there was a discussion and the consensus came down to that; people searched and C5 kept coming up near the top.

After a bunch of views and bumps it wound up where it is today. Then you have rich 'kids' like Junkie and a few others filling Hylton's shoes that pull strings to make stuff more outrageous like the C5 Fest thing going on..

But after the bad blood that's gone down over there; I just begrudgingly avoid the site.

I think we should push the site for a more visible presence at Oshawa; one that C5 has had in my view.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I have no interest in that site, the people that count in the camaro world are here.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
People searching for C5 (corvette) also end up there and count in the web hits, not that those hits make a big difference, just an observation. This site is way more productive in the provision of information, help, and general well being than C5. I like it here, I've gone to c5 for info maybe 3 times in the past year, one for the Camaro Scotty fuse pull diagram, one for the synergy green article, and the last to search for anything on the Power Tour (nothing helpful in that respect). I just prefer the content here way more than the content there, there is more substance here.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I have no intention of joining C5 i like it here to much.... You all are family to me and i want to thank you :thumbsup::D:5go:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
5GO is much closer knit I don't know if that is because we are smaller or just more friendly and that is why I stay.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The regional NY people are great there its the only reason I go on there, I rarely venture out of the NY section, I have recieved a lot of support for my local site from the guys here and that i will never forget that C5 would have banned me for promoting my club here this site is great oh and Heather whats up with the Nova in the pictures you posted a while back ???

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The regional NY people are great there its the only reason I go on there, I rarely venture out of the NY section, I have recieved a lot of support for my local site from the guys here and that i will never forget that C5 would have banned me for promoting my club here this site is great oh and Heather whats up with the Nova in the pictures you posted a while back ???
It's hibernating too lol. I haven't forgotten about the pics, I'll get some for you =)

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts

Camaro5 is a Great place to go and learn about what people have expierenced with the good and bad things when it comes to there camaro.
A lot of Great vendors go there and promote there products and after folks buy them you get to hear the likes and dislikes about the product.
They even do dyno's and etc.
moderncamaro is where I started and I will never leave here :D I rarely post on C5 I mostly read and educate myself. I have met some nice helpful people on both sites and the look/performance of my car would have never happened as quick if it wasnt for both sites however ModernCamaro is the place where friends go to hang out and where everybody knows your name and greets you when you come :5go: Yes we are smaller here however ModernCamaro has its only little touch that seperates it from the others for sure :thumbsup:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

Money, marketing connections and SEO are the key to the search rank and link click throughs. That is a big part of it.

Regarding main page content, maybe we could update ours more. :confused:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Money, marketing connections and SEO are the key to the search rank and link click throughs. That is a big part of it.

Regarding main page content, maybe we could update ours more. :confused:
I know that Tim has a life outside of moderncamaro, so maybe some of us need to step up and offer to help Tim keep stuff updated and such. I'd be willing to participate in things like updating the homepage and things like that. I can understand if there would be some aprehension to make me a mod as I can be a loose cannon some evenings :lol:

One thing that I really wish we had more of here was things regarding performance modifications and track action. There seems to be more concern of appearance stuff than there is going fast.

I do like how we're "close-knit" and we're all willing to help out anyone when a question is posed (even when I'm being facetious or condescending, I usually mean well ;) ). Just like my rant about the O/X antenna -- we had a healthy debate and no ones feelings were hurt (at least, mine weren't! :D ).

But anyway, I support this site with my paid "membership" and calendar purchase. I will be looking to get some things from the "store" once Tim opens that up, too. If anyone happens to chat about Camaros, I always tell them about this site. Even my fquick page links to here. I keep saying how I am going to get a 4th gen SS before picking up a 5th gen, but honestly, it's so difficult because I want to be more of a contributor to this site, and getting on here every day makes it so very hard to decide to not purchase a 5th gen (if anyone can recall the thread I started a few weeks ago).

Let's do our best to keep this site competitive :5go:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i go over there and search through new posts each night, just to see if there is anything new over there i haven't already seen over here. but it is he same old crap over there... whats the best exhaust? whats the best intake? how do i pull my finger out of my butt and get some common sense to use the search feature?

i rarely post there unless it is something that really irritates me or something that i have yet to see and interested in.

i LOVE the MC Lounge... this site, like posted earlier, is a much closer knit of people!

and i agree the home page should be updated a little more often. and google search should at least be on the front page of every camaro topic searched.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I went there when I first ordered my Camaro, I think I may hve posted there once. This site has great members who give you a chance even if you are ignorant, members who would drive 80 miles out of thier way to meet you if you are passing though thier town (Tim, Gary, DarkSS). I don't know what it would take to genreate more interest in this site but I tell everyone who has any interest to come over and check it out!:thumbsup:

It would be cool to have JoSSh or some of the mods try to interview engineers / plant personel @ the plant or maybe even the drivers from the Rolex 24hr Datona to get thier take on the drive, that would be awesome front page content.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
i go over there and search through new posts each night, just to see if there is anything new over there i haven't already seen over here. but it is he same old crap over there... whats the best exhaust? whats the best intake? how do i pull my finger out of my butt and get some common sense to use the search feature?

i rarely post there unless it is something that really irritates me or something that i have yet to see and interested in.

i LOVE the MC Lounge... this site, like posted earlier, is a much closer knit of people!

and i agree the home page should be updated a little more often. and google search should at least be on the front page of every camaro topic searched.
I have more than 1 post however 99.9% have ended up in the NFL/College Football thread and that stopped a month ago :(
Great Sports people :lol:

get my car fix here and my sport fix there :thumbsup:

I know that Tim has a life outside of moderncamaro, so maybe some of us need to step up and offer to help Tim keep stuff updated and such. I'd be willing to participate in things like updating the homepage and things like that. I can understand if there would be some aprehension to make me a mod as I can be a loose cannon some evenings :lol:

One thing that I really wish we had more of here was things regarding performance modifications and track action. There seems to be more concern of appearance stuff than there is going fast.

I do like how we're "close-knit" and we're all willing to help out anyone when a question is posed (even when I'm being facetious or condescending, I usually mean well ;) ). Just like my rant about the O/X antenna -- we had a healthy debate and no ones feelings were hurt (at least, mine weren't! :D ).

But anyway, I support this site with my paid "membership" and calendar purchase. I will be looking to get some things from the "store" once Tim opens that up, too. If anyone happens to chat about Camaros, I always tell them about this site. Even my fquick page links to here. I keep saying how I am going to get a 4th gen SS before picking up a 5th gen, but honestly, it's so difficult because I want to be more of a contributor to this site, and getting on here every day makes it so very hard to decide to not purchase a 5th gen (if anyone can recall the thread I started a few weeks ago).

Let's do our best to keep this site competitive :5go:

im for that :thumbsup: if Tim needs help................. David Stands up :D I'm not just a Member im a Supporting Member :lol:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.