Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this question should go here and if it doesn't belong I apologize....
So yesterday I had the unfortunate experience of having a blowout in my Camaro. Long story short while changing the tire the OEM scissor jack bent and it's pretty useless now. My question for you guys is, what's the best jack I could get to throw back in my trunk for emergencies? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I do not even have a spare, let alone a jack. The 2SS does not give you that option, just a box of snot in a foam carrier above the battery. Been lucky in the past 6 years...never had a flat or tire problem even with 68K miles.
(now my luck will change for even mentioning it!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I consider myself lucky that whoever had the car before me paid extra to have the spare as an option. Hopefully it doesn't happen again for a long time.:lol:

·
Vendor
813 Posts
@ nightwing91

How about trying a bottle jack? They’re pretty compact, yet offer excellent reliability and stability. Depending on type, these jacks can support loads from 2 to 30 tons, ensuring both convenient quick lifting and sure supporting. You can get one for your Chevy on this page: https://www.carid.com/jacks/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts