Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby's been done for a almost a year now, so I thought that I'd finally post some pictures up for everyone to take a gander at. The color scheme is Imperial Blue Metallic with Cyber Gray Metallic for the Bumble Bee Stripe.

The car is an original 396BB/TH400 car, but now she's being powered by a 468 Roller Motor w/ completely forged bottom end, Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads and healthy roller cam provided by Comp Cam . Power is put to the ground by a Tremec TKO600 5-speed with the hydraulic clutch set up. Out back is 12-bolt housing a Eaton Posi and Moser 33-spline axles and a 4.10:1 gear ratio. Suspension updates include Heidts Tubular Upper & Lower Control Arms, QA-1 shocks, Heidts 2" Drop Spindles, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Hotchkis Rear Leaf Springs, and Hotchkis Front Coil Springs. Brakes are Wilwood Six Piston Calipers with Slotted and Drilled Rotors along with Wilwood Master Cylinder. Wheels are 18" Livewire's made by Jason Rushforth, who also made up a sketch of the car.

I built the car as a tribute to the brand new 5th Gen Camaro in hopes, with the Lords blessing, that I'll have a 5th Gen to match her. With literally 8 miles on the entire car and drive train, she managed the entire Power Tour last year and already registered for this year's Power Tour ending in Detroit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A Few More Pics....

Here are a few more pictures. I've never posted pictures before, so I guess you could call this trial and error...... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Finished Product....

And here is what she looked like on the Power Tour. Looking forward to this years tour, as well as bringing her up to Oshawa to hang out with everyone from ModernCamaro!!! :5go:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Thanks for the pictures...they look great! Reminds me of several builds I did back in my days.:lol:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice...you must be proud of such an accomplishment!

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Envy- Words can't describe something that you build from scratch. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to quit, part her out, sell her, or just bury her and walk away..... Ha Ha Ha!!!

Quick history, I've owned her for a decade now. Drove from Fort Hood, Texas all the way to Boston to pick her up. After five deployments overseas, the Army moved me to Huntsville Alabama. The day after Christmas of 2008, she was hit at 5:30 in the morning by an uninsured motorist. I spent the next 20 months rebuilding her and creating her as a tribute to the brand new Camaro....

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last Group of Pics..

Here's the last group of pictures off my phone. Thanks for all the compliments. It's not every day that you see a 67 Camaro painted to match a 5th Gen Camaro..... :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Very Very Nice Ride, U did a GREAT Job with her...
Thanks for the compliment Kunk1963. There's a big chance you saw me running around Harker Heights with her. Only back then, she would have been Tuxedo Black with a White Bumble Bee Stripe. I also had 15" Ralley's on her with the Corvette Spinner Center Cap.

Here's what she looked like the entire time I lived in Texas...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Kunk1963. There's a big chance you saw me running around Harker Heights with her. Only back then, she would have been Tuxedo Black with a White Bumble Bee Stripe. I also had 15" Ralley's on her with the Corvette Spinner Center Cap.

We just moved up here from San Antonio in Aug 08, was that after U left? What made U change Ur wheels from the Rallies??

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts

Those Rallies would have Looked Great painted the same color as the car with the Chrome B-Ring and Center Caps...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We just moved up here from San Antonio in Aug 08, was that after U left? What made U change Ur wheels from the Rallies??
I actually PCS'd from the Hood to Redstone Arsenal July of 2008; so, we would have missed each other by a month.... That's a shame because I would drive the car on a daily basis when I wasn't deployed. The weather in Texas is so beautiful, that you can drive a muscle car virtually every day, year round.

As for changing wheels, well..... When I decided to trade off the original look for a more Pro-Touring look, I upgraded the brakes. The car is a factory Power Disc Brake car, however, the OEM brakes would not work with the Heidts 2" Drop Spindles. Once I upgraded the brakes, the smalles wheel diameter that I could go with, was 17"..... The Rallies would no longer fit... :(

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I actually PCS'd from the Hood to Redstone Arsenal July of 2008; so, we would have missed each other by a month.... That's a shame because I would drive the car on a daily basis when I wasn't deployed. The weather in Texas is so beautiful, that you can drive a muscle car virtually every day, year round.

As for changing wheels, well..... When I decided to trade off the original look for a more Pro-Touring look, I upgraded the brakes. The car is a factory Power Disc Brake car, however, the OEM brakes would not work with the Heidts 2" Drop Spindles. Once I upgraded the brakes, the smalles wheel diameter that I could go with, was 17"..... The Rallies would no longer fit... :(
Understand that... Did U se my other reply about Vintige Wheels, they are coming out with 20" Rallies in the next couple months. I'm thinking about it but not totally sure cause I really like these Savini's but there's a Huge Price Difference...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts