Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Congratulations Heather for being January's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

Thank you so much! I feel very honored to be representing the ladies this month!

Indeed! I bet it feels nice to be the first female M/CotM! Let's get started with a few questions:

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

Transformers. I can remember the first time I saw the commercial for it, my jaw dropped. I said, "what is THAT!?" That's where the excitement, love, and obsession began. It was love at first sight. I pretty much told everyone that I'd own a new Camaro if they went into production. No one believed me, of course.

My love of cars and GM began when I was young with my father's influence. Swap meets, sand paper, and muscle. So, in a sense, I have him to blame...and thank...for my love of the Camaro.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

Around October of 2008, the dream started turning into reality. I started crunching numbers. I knew I would be done with nursing school within a year, and I wanted an early graduation present to myself for all the hard work I've put into my education my whole life. With the economy tanking, I knew I wanted to buy from a small, local dealer to support their business. I started saving for my down payment and began contacting the local dealer.

In February of 2009, I walked into the dealer and finally met the man I had been emailing for months. I sat down and told him I was ready to order. He didn't think I was serious about ordering...the nerve! He got the paper work out and I rattled off all of the options I wanted. He then retracted his statement and said, "you're a woman that knows what she wants."

I waited....and waited...and waited...June 3, 2009. I got the phone call from the dealer that my car was there and I could have it as early as tomorrow. I screamed in the middle of the mall...I picked her up on June 4th and I still have yet to lose the "perma-grin!"

I have yet to lose my perma-grin either. How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I came across the site a few months before I ordered. I'll admit, I lurked for a while before I joined. I didn't see too many female voices on the site and I wondered what kind of welcome I would get. Thinking back from then until now, I wouldn't know half the things about the car if it wasn't for them. The members of ModernCamaro are a big, dysfunctional, loving family. That's why I've stuck around and will continue to do so =)

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I would like to thank the members of ModernCamaro for all their support and guidance for fellow forum members. I've met a lot of great friends on this site and for that, I am very thankful.

I would also like to thank Mike Piwinski and everyone else at Don's Brooklyn Chevrolet in Cleveland, Ohio for welcoming me into their dealership family and for providing great customer service! They made my dream come true.

Thank you everyone for the honor, it means alot.

<3 Heather Marie

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Congrats!!!

:party::party::party:

:cancan:

:yay::yay:

:cancan:

:party::party::party:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Congrats Heather!

You're a lot better looking than the December member of the month. ;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congrats, Heather. A fine Specimen in deed... Great way to start the year!
And soon spring will arrive too. Well, not for a little while. Anyway something to look forward to. Burr... I hate winter...

:5thgendrive:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts