Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Congratulations Rabbit for being January's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

I just want to say thank you to JoSSh as well as a big thank you to all who voted for Ms. Daisy and I for January car of the month. Sort of feeling like I won a Grammy right now.

Thank you! Let’s get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

My sister met her husband when I was 7 years old. He had a 96’ Camaro that was green and had T-tops. My younger sister and I pretty much grew up in the back seat of that car. I was devastated when he sold it. Then in high school the boy I bummed rides from had a 92’ Camaro that was also green. I cannot even remember how many tickets we got in that car. Most of my fondest memories are from rides in those cars.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

My first car was a Buick Regal and when it started reaching the end of its days my mother told me I needed to start looking for a new car. At this point I had seen the Camaro in Transformers and a Concept Convertible at the Houston Auto show but every time I looked online everyone said it wasn’t coming out. I started looking at other cars like the Challengers and finally came across a post on Chevy site featuring a gentleman who had just received his in the spring of 2009. That was it I was sold. I ran the idea by my parents and they said as long as I saved up have the money. So I got a job and saved every paycheck for a YEAR. Finally in October of 2009 I ordered from Eric in Grapevine. I made a joke that since it would arrive near my birthday that it should have a bow on it waiting for me upon its arrival. I picked her up in January of 2010 and sure enough she had a bow. (ERIC IS SO AWESOME!) It was raining the day I got her, as soon as Dad found the seat heaters he was out on our four hour drive back. It was love and first drive, and I’ve had the mod bug ever since.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I was looking for forums to get a lot of knowledge to convince my parents that the new Camaro was a “safe” car and came across the site. I sort of dropped off the face of the forum for a while but it was the great people and the family like atmosphere that finally brought me back. And I’ve been on here everyday since. Everyone is so friendly, and it’s small so it’s easy to get to know people.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Thank you guys for being so awesome. The Camaro is a great car but what makes it even better is the great people that enjoy it. I have met so many great people on here and in my group here in Houston and it makes this experience so much more awesome. Keep it up! And again, thank you guys for picking me for Member of the Month!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Congratulations girl, you are very deserving and an awesome person. I remember when you were saving for the car and when you finally ordered it. And it was very cool tracking it for you, I know Eric loved that part too!

Looking forward to meeting you in Oshawa.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Jaren It seems like yesterday ( almost a year ago ) I remember sitting here reading your posts as you were almost getting ready to take delivery. I remember the day you went to take delivery when I was texting Eric asking if you had gotten there yet ? shortly after you took delivery my baby arrived :D
Its almost been a year and both of our babies have come along way. I can't think of anyone off the top of my mind who deserves this as much as you right now.

Here is to our almost 1 year old cars and to your motm :D

congrats

1 - 20 of 81 Posts