1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODERNCAMARO
JANUARY MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

vegas girl

Congratulations vegas girl! You are the January Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

I am so very excited to be chosen MC first Member of Month for 2014. Thanks for the nomination and all those who voted for me.

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

My very first car was a 1981 Chevy Chevette...who remembers those?????(Actually wanted a Camaro back then...but I was 21...a new graduate RN and couldn't afford it :(. Then I went through a myriad of what I refer to as "mommy cars". I wasn't a soccer mom...I was a wrestlers' mom(I'm the proud mom of 2 Nevada HS wrestling champions). The boys grew up....in 2005 I began going through an early midlife crisis. I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse(<3 that car). Regretted one thing about it...wished it was a convertible. It was a great ride for 7 years...the last year I owned it...it became a money pit.
First time I remember falling in love with the Camaro was 2010....said to now Ex...."I must have one of those...hmmmm...wonder if they come in convertible".

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

Well....my finances changed for the better in August 2013...few weeks before that I started looking online at local Chevy dealers in Vegas. I wanted(or so I thought) a Crystal Red Camaro vert. About 2 weeks before I was ready to buy...I saw a picture one local dealer had...a Blue Ray Metallic convertible....I looked at that picture every night...hoping it would still be available when I was ready to buy. One day looked at the boyfriend and said..."let's go to Chevy". They had a red vert on the lot...it was an SS and manual...I so was over manual transmissions...and Mike thought it looked like "too much car". The salesman walked us over to the BRM vert...yes it was Cami.....I knew right then I wasn't leaving without her. 2 1/2 hours later...Mike left with our 06 Mustang and me...drove Cami home...with the top down.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I was always looking up things on forums when I owed my Eclipse. So about a week after buying Cami I decided to look for a Camaro forum. MC and another forum came up when I searched....I joined MC that day and am so glad that I did.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I love coming to this forum....this is the second place I come to every morning...sorry Facebook is first. Everyone made me feel so welcome from day 1. I am so very proud to be a member of this forum and honored to be chosen as a MOTM. Hey...does a tiara come with the title????? I'd look great wearing one while driving Cami with the top down!!!!!!!!!

[URL="[/URL]​

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Congrats! Nice story...I actually had an 86 Pontiac T-1000 as my first car...which was Pontiac's Chevette, lol!! Come to think of it, I kinda miss that car! Anyway, I'm glad you're a member here. It is always nice to see your contributions. Congrats again!!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
OK...pictures will be sent to Envy tomorrow after work. I JUST picked Cami up from the body shop. She looks good as new. Wait she is new....only 3300 miles. 32 days...that was a long time....hope never to be apart that long EVER AGAIN!!!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Congratzz....nice write up...!
looking forward to the pictures...!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Congrats as well ... I also had a Chitvette, was an emergency car bought for $900, one of the worst cars I ever owned, :lol: but it did get the job done for a year or two.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Congrats!!! Glad to know you have the car back!:thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Tell me about it. I was so sick yesterday.....I swear will get Mike to snap couple pics when I get off work today

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
You deserve it, VG. Enjoy your car and watch your mirrors for nuts so it doesn't get banged up again.

I am SOOOO paranoid when I'm driving mine. It's a wonder I don't get neck injuries from looking around.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You deserve it, VG. Enjoy your car and watch your mirrors for nuts so it doesn't get banged up again.

I am SOOOO paranoid when I'm driving mine. It's a wonder I don't get neck injuries from looking around.
I am so overly cautious with Cami now. Find it funny because no one was driving when the accident happened. Was sitting with door open in car wash while employee was starting to vacuum interior.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts