Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Joined. I really think it would work after all the BS going on around NBC. Heck, NBC could have something on their hands of they decide to do a Top Gear USA on Network TV.

Unfortunately that would leave The Tonight Show without a host.. unless he does double duty?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joined. I really think it would work after all the BS going on around NBC. Heck, NBC could have something on their hands of they decide to do a Top Gear USA on Network TV.

Unfortunately that would leave The Tonight Show without a host.. unless he does double duty?
screw the tonight show, we'll just put conan back lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, Usa version of top gear would be nice, im sick of hearing american cars suck from the uk top gear .... and the guys are like a million years old lol

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I dont think it would work.. Its got that euro comedy to it that makes it a big winner I think.. IMO

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
2,774 Posts
I love top gear and love how they rag on anything..

but the american verion only Jay could do. It would not be the Brits top gear and can not do it, but at least it would be our own

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I love top gear and love how they rag on anything..

but the american verion only Jay could do. It would not be the Brits top gear and can not do it, but at least it would be our own
Would Jay be able to round up a bunch of American guys (who are real characters in their own right) with great driving skills and a wicked wry sense of humor? If not, I'll stick with the UK version.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would Jay be able to round up a bunch of American guys (who are real characters in their own right) with great driving skills and a wicked wry sense of humor? If not, I'll stick with the UK version.
it's not like the only funny people in the world are british.. it's just a matter of finding a couple of people with some legitimate wit.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
it's not like the only funny people in the world are british.. it's just a matter of finding a couple of people with some legitimate wit.
NO, but it's not the norm of American television -- Jay Leno is as mainstream as you can get. That it's not an American perspective is part of the appeal of the UK version IMHO.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
NO, but it's not the norm of American television -- Jay Leno is as mainstream as you can get. That it's not an American perspective is part of the appeal of the UK version IMHO.
:agree:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts