Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you all might know that Leno wasn't a fan of the DMC-12 after John's whole cocaine debacle (in fact he said he'd never drive one). Well..he borrows one..and he drove it:
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the-garage/sports-cars/delorean-rides-again/

And apparently the folks at the current DMC are working on a SUPERCHARGED version of the DMC and trying to get 250HP out of it.
While not much..keep in mind this is out of a almost 30 year old 2.8L V6 pushing a 2700lb vehicle.

EDIT: Btw, the one he tests is a 3spd auto with the normal (non-performance) V6. Which I think is around 150 since they don't have all of the 80's emmissions crap on it. So he's testing the slowest of the slow. :p
EDITx2: Though it DOES have the Eibach proper ride-height springs on it..so that helps the ride out.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
2,774 Posts
wow...imagine that..i really hope this guy restores enough of them..and did he not look into buying the Solstice and Sky tools to build a DMC Solstice??

and another side note..Jay..for Top Gear: America!!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
2,774 Posts
ahh but the plant was sold to Fisker..so was wondering they have the tooling but no plant to make them...

and TopGear:America is being shopped by NBC right? Is that not Jays network????? Why has no one asked him he has been on the show!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
262 Posts
I laughed when I heard Leno ask the owner if he bought the car brand new or if it was a car he sent to the rebuilder to restore and the owner says "I bought it as a BRAND NEW CAR...on the internet" Leno does a double take and kinda laughs and says "The internet huh?" :screwy: Knowing full well at that point the guy wasn't an original DMC owner, he just goes on with the interview in a professional style.....

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I laughed when I heard Leno ask the owner if he bought the car brand new or if it was a car he sent to the rebuilder to restore and the owner says "I bought it as a BRAND NEW CAR...on the internet" Leno does a double take and kinda laughs and says "The internet huh?" :screwy: Knowing full well at that point the guy wasn't an original DMC owner, he just goes on with the interview in a professional style.....
Either that or he didn't know that you can order them from Delorean.com.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Bump a supercharger put in a GN like turbo V6 and call it good. I wish I could catch that guy around here with the back to the future set up Delorean. Hook mr fusion and blue neons underneath in all. Everytime I see it I'm going the other way and can't snap a **** pic.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Bump a supercharger put in a GN like turbo V6 and call it good. I wish I could catch that guy around here with the back to the future set up Delorean. Hook mr fusion and blue neons underneath in all. Everytime I see it I'm going the other way and can't snap a **** pic.
You will get him eventually.... Every so often i see a delorean drive around here

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There have been people that dropped in different motors. One guy put in a Northstar. But the general consensus is that it'd way more hassle than it is worth. I figure a 250HP DMC-12 would have almost the same power-to-weight ratio that the Cobalt SS has, but in RWD form. Sure it wouldn't do nearly as well around the 'ring but it'd still be insanely fun to drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts