Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
So is that a picture of what the actual exhaust looks like? If so, then the exhaust for the 5th gen goes from the headers into one pipe and the splits past the rear axle into two like the 4th gens? (maybe other gens too, i don't know). I was hoping it would be like the GTO. Just an X-pipe and then two pipes all the way back.

Does anyone have picks of the under body of the 5th gen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Due to our longstanding relationship with GM, Borla Performance has finished development on 2 different cat-backs and 2 different header configurations for the 2010 Camaro. These parts are available for pre-order but we do not have pictures of the exact products available yet. Once we have the first few built we will take pictures and post them.

If you have any other questions please email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your interest! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Due to our longstanding relationship with GM, Borla Performance has finished development on 2 different cat-backs and 2 different header configurations for the 2010 Camaro. These parts are available for pre-order but we do not have pictures of the exact products available yet. Once we have the first few built we will take pictures and post them.

If you have any other questions please email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your interest! :thumbsup:
Cool! Looking forward to seeing your offerings, David.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also know that stainless works makes exhaust ,Jegs sells SW I hope they make a complete exhaust for our new camaro,they make some very nice stuff

·
Registered
256 Posts
****... borlas sound is exactly what im looking for sound-wise. relatively quiet and mellow but screams when you step on it. i would be crazy to spend $1300 on a muffler though. is there anything that sounds like it without the 'kick in the nuts' pricing?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
****... borlas sound is exactly what im looking for sound-wise. relatively quiet and mellow but screams when you step on it. i would be crazy to spend $1300 on a muffler though. is there anything that sounds like it without the 'kick in the nuts' pricing?
You praise the Borla sound and criticize the prices.......have you ever owned a Borla system? They are one of the more expensive systems, but the fit and finish (plus the sound you already mentioned) are one of the best I've ever seen. In this aspect, you do get what you pay for.....one of the best **** exhaust systems available.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I agree with Jon.......I'm hoping they make a stinger system just as they have for the Vette :thumbsup: and go ahead and throw in the Y pipe as well lets just buy it all.

im curious how a Borla system minus the headers compare to the kooks muffler and Y pipe without the headers ?
I'm buying headers but not off the Bat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i completely agree with the fit and finish.... i had a c5 with borla that sounded amazing and looked great. i didnt put it on there originally

i just want to spend a "normal" amount on mine. I want it really quiet but good performance. so far stock doesnt sound very good to me. but who knows, maybe its much better in person.

·
Registered
646 Posts
run a high flow cat, that'll lessen the raspiness of the mufflers.

I ran headers/off road y/magnaflow on my old supercharged SS and it was ridiculously loud and aggressive. Definitely mean as **** sounding.

·
Registered
256 Posts
run a high flow cat, that'll lessen the raspiness of the mufflers.

I ran headers/off road y/magnaflow on my old supercharged SS and it was ridiculously loud and aggressive. Definitely mean as **** sounding.
why would a high flow cat cut down on raspiness? i would think it would just make things louder..:screwy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts