Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im fond of cloning thread from other boards; but I thought this was intrigueing enough to bring over here.

The color sample pics are not accurate at displaying the colors. I may have wrote off Aqua Blue too quick. I had it in my head after seeing the sample that Aqua was a BLue trying to be green. But here what I another boards member posted:

'09 Colorado next to an '08 Jetstream C6...

Plus, a few close-up samples of aqua blue.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It could be worked with. Candy coats could get Jinx Blue one day. Plus its close to Jetstream I think.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thanks for posting this Jinx, I was hoping that those photoshop color swatches GM posted were a little off, the aqua blue metallic looks great, and now I finally have a more definite color for my Camaro.

·
Registered
897 Posts
That color should look great with either of the stripes offered in white.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jinx,That Pic of the JSB really isnt doing it Justice i dont think.
You are right, it isnt. For either of them. The Jetstream Blue on the Zr1 I saw in Scottdale a few month ago, had a deep metallic content and a richer color. But One particular detail that intrigues me is that the aqua is closer to a Nassau or Jetstream, than some ugly murky greenish blue that all the samples have shown. The quality and richiness prolly isnt as good as Jetstream, but by god it 100 times better than I thought it was going to be.

Also the Aqua seems to be a darker hue. Seems to have more Metallic than Nassau on C5.

Just guess as to what I may think if I see it in person:

Its looks like a middle ground between Nassau Blue and old Iroc (Medium Blue Metallic) blue.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You are right, it isnt. For either of them. The Jetstream Blue on the Zr1 I saw in Scottdale a few month ago, had a deep metallic content and a richer color. But One particular detail that intrigues me is that the aqua is closer to a Nassau or Jetstream, than some ugly murky greenish blue that all the samples have shown. The quality and richiness prolly isnt as good as Jetstream, but by god it 100 times better than I thought it was going to be.

Also the Aqua seems to be a darker hue. Seems to have more Metallic than Nassau on C5.

Its looks like a middle ground between Nassau Blue and old Iroc (Medium Blue Metallic) blue.
This really makes my day:D (.....kind of sad I know:screwy:). I really wanted a green or blue, and that aqua blue swatch didn't do it for me initially, but seeing this is really great. It may not be the best representation of either color but at least it gives us a better idea of how great this color will look on the Camaro. Thanks again for posting those.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quick photoshop of Aqua Blue Metallic I did:

Looks better than this sample:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

If it is close to IROC Blue, then that's my color.

Thanks Jinx.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Why can't GM' official pics look as good as yours, Jinx?

Nice find, and great shots.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well. I could be wrong. Im just going off of the pics. I included the unaltered samples swatches in the picture so I could estimate on the color and show everyone my reasoning.

I have seen different pics of what GM calls aqua, but the colorado pics for some reason seem to hit the nail on the head for color comparisons. The Colorado has a color that I think is the same as the Inferno Orange Metallic. So I hoping Im right on this one. If so, this may be my choice. If not IOM is the highly likely candidate.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Very nice! It is possible I might myself behind the wheel of an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro :D
Or Inferno Orange :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great Job Jinx, I have to say that now that I see your photos I can join in on the Aqua Blue,
I didn’t like the green tones it had on the GM sample, but if you are correct then that is the color I have been looking and hoping for.Again thanks for that little bit of research it helped me to narrow down colors. If I am not mistaken they are offering silver stripes so perhaps you can post a rendering of it with silver stripes, I think that will be my ideal combination.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like the factory Aqua Metallic Blue. It's quite calming, and it's low profile...ish.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts