Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Congratulations Mucker for being June's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

Ok let’s get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

When I was about 11 years old my brother brought home a 1967 RS/SS. I remember being out of my mind in love with that car. Plus, it was my big brothers car, he has always been a hero to me so that made me love it even more. From that point on I was Camaro crazy! I have had many different generation Camaros over the years and have a 69 that's a keeper (had her since I'm 20). I have been very lucky. Spent some of the best and wildest times of my life in Camaros, even got engaged in my 69. I set up signs along the main road here for my wife and had the ring in the glovebox.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

By time I had the means to buy a new Camaro they were gone. I settled on a Silverado SS and then an 05 GTO, great vehicles but not a Camaro. Then I saw the leaked pics of the clay concept on another website. Once the car was announced for production I started to save for my car. When the time finally came, I went dont to Chevy and ordered my car. The next day I was working on the Trans Am I had at the time, and my wife called me into the house. My son, then 1 walked over to me and handed me a pregnancy test. I reluctanlty told me wife I would go get the deposit back or sell the 69. My wife to her credit said no way we will keep both and find a way.. and we did. The Camaro came September 1st and my new son Andrew November 16th. Andrew came home from the hospital in our brand new 2010 SS Camaro. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. I have both my dream cars and the best family a guy could ask for.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

Found it on an internet search one day looking for info about the 5thgen. I stuck around because of the people here. SS Eric and Scotty were a big help and the Fbod father had talked me off the ledge a bit when I was waiting for my car. I made a good friend in Mike (Powerfreak) from here too, and we started our own local Camaro club, NY5THGEN (some of the best people I have ever met). Everyone here is supportive of each other and good to each other and to me thats what its all about. ModernCamaro is the best national Camaro site period.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Yes, drive your cars enjoy them with the people you love the most. Thanks so much guys for selecting me MOTM.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'll be the first to say...CONGRATS MUCK!!!! It's well deserved. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
CONGRATS MUCKER!!!

great write up too. i really enjoying learning more about the MOTM winners

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Hey Muck Very well deserved :thumbsup:

I'm proud to say you followed just behind me with the MOTM

I think when I read your post about being happy knowing you will take your newborn home in a New Camaro made me Smile. Thats me to a "T"

Congrats man this was well deserved for sure :thumbsup:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Congrats Mucker!!! Very well deserved.... NY5thGEN is second only to 5G0:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Congrats man. Love the pic.. It just screams HEY!! Im from NEW YORK!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats!

I'm jealous that you have both the '69 and '10. I hope to own a '69 one day as that's the car that got me started on Camaros. My Dad had one when I was just old enough to walk.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts