Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am at jury duty today.
This is lame.
They don't even have freakin wi-fi in here so I'm relying on the 3G iPhone.

I'm bored out of my skull and I have to be here another 5-6 hours.
Well at least we get paid for this...
A whopping $17.20!!! :eek:

Ugh.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Tim.......don't look now, but I think the crazy looking lady that smells like moth balls in the chair across from you is checking you out.:D

Nice thoughts to help pass your time.:p

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Been there, done that. Had jury duty about 7 years ago, thought I had done my civic duty...then in January of this year, they called me in AGAIN! WTF? I have a 77 year old father that has never served on a jury...and yes, he has been a registered voter all his life. Have fun, Tim.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
If the jury pool is deep enough you might get released.

Hope there aren't 20 or fewer prospects for a 12 juror selection.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Tim ...

Cops are always right. Period. I was taught to respect them at a young age, and my father always told me that if your get arrested, you must have done something wrong. The defendent in the chair must have done something wrong to be hear ...

What I used the last time to get out of being on a jury. It worked for me, just be consistent with your answers, and the defense attorney will never seat you.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I just got called a few weeks ago for "grand-jury duty"...the letter said that I could be serving for 6+ weeks.:eek: I got excused because I'm self employed and absolutely can't survive being out for more than just a few days.

With all the people unemployed these days, why not give them first dibs for jury-duty?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
So here I am at jury duty today.
This is lame.
They don't even have freakin wi-fi in here so I'm relying on the 3G iPhone.

I'm bored out of my skull and I have to be here another 5-6 hours.
Well at least we get paid for this...
A whopping $17.20!!! :eek:

Ugh.
Well you could of took a Camaro book or a magazine to read. I had to call in for jury duty a couple weeks ago, but luckily my group didnt get picked either day. whew. go to autoblog.com on your I-phone. :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm 25 and just registered to vote and haven't yet been called to jury duty.
17.20 is that per day or week.If that's per week there are 7 year olds in Tiawan making nikes making better money than you:lol:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I just got called a few weeks ago for "grand-jury duty"...the letter said that I could be serving for 6+ weeks.:eek: I got excused because I'm self employed and absolutely can't survive being out for more than just a few days.

With all the people unemployed these days, why not give them first dibs for jury-duty?:rolleyes:
Hah! You don't expect unemployed people to have to actually do something...do you??????????:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Hah! You don't expect unemployed people to have to actually do something...do you??????????:rolleyes:
I wasn't trying to insinuate that unemployed peeps are dead-beats. A lot of them could probably use the $$ (as little as it may be). I just think with an unemployment check, you should also get moved up to the top of the jury list...why not? It makes more sense then taking people away from their jobs...although some people would love to get away.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I was picked for a panel once, they took a look at the slayer t shirt I had on and let me go.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
In my career i am excused from jury duty so i never have to go:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts