Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of these can't be conirmed just yet, but most of you may have a good idea though...

Will the car have daylight running lights (lights that are always on)? I'm hoping not, or at least the option to turn it off. I've noticed that these kind of lights tend to fade the main headlight cover over time with all of the light exposure.

and

Is the indash navigation system a go? Would it be an added option, or a standard feature?

Sean W

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
All GM products have daytime running lights, so yes it will have them.
Someone will figure out how to defeat them I'm sure.

I don't think navigation will be offered at all.
It's an expensive option ($2000) and not very popular in Camaro's market.
I sure wont miss navigation (I wouldn't order it anyway)...keep the cost down. As far as DRL's...my '05 trailblazer has them and there's a switch to turn them off...there's also a "DRL Killer" mod...so I'm sure Camaro owners who don't want them will figure it out. I get an insurance discount for them...so I like them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My 2008 Sierra has DRL's but you just turn them off with the headlamp switch...no problem. Didn't the DRL start as a Canadian Government requirement? Thanks, Canada.:screwy:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Agreed, it seems to me it is just blowing 2000 dollars away. You have the on-star or you can purchase a handheld GPS.

Sure, a nav system is "cool", but from what I have heard on all camaro forums is that price is key for 95% of the buyers...if thats the case I think 2000 dollars just adds to the pot.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I don't want Nav, because I have my own hand-held that goes car to car. What I am worried about is that GM will "decide" what most people want, and not allow options. I know for Nav, it's a little different, because they have to design the dash around it. One of the things I WANT is push-button start. I know that it's been said that we won't get it, but I would pay EXTRA to have it from the factory. I want the OPTION, not just a blanket No.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm sure most of these can't be conirmed just yet, but most of you may have a good idea though...

Will the car have daylight running lights (lights that are always on)? I'm hoping not, or at least the option to turn it off. I've noticed that these kind of lights tend to fade the main headlight cover over time with all of the light exposure.

and

Is the indash navigation system a go? Would it be an added option, or a standard feature?

Sean W
I'm all for the "DRL", people tend to notice you better before pulling out in front of you.
I think the headlights fade from exposer from the sun.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate DRL. I hate OnStar. I hate governors. I hate it any time the manufacturer takes away my locus of control to please some concerned-citizens group and/or the vampire insurance folks. I'll turn my lights on when I want my lights on; I'll turn off my traction control until I remember how much tires cost; I'll make the car do what I want it to do, not the other way around. And pity the dealer who thinks he'll sell me a car stuffed with his aftermarket premiums like theft tracking and $300 touch-up paint and tires filled with anything other than air; I won't speak about the glue-on dealer advertisement emblems.

In fact, bring back the COPO book, have the salesman hand it to me, and quit making me buy a sunroof, matched tea towels and towing kit when all I want is the GPS. I do want GPS; my orienteering skills are atrocious and though I have a cheap portable the built-in systems are much more capable and don't require seriously awkward mounting.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
..all I want is the GPS. I do want GPS; my orienteering skills are atrocious and though I have a cheap portable the built-in systems are much more capable and don't require seriously awkward mounting.
Customers are becoming more demanding and basically expect to be able to option anything and everything.

The fact is - if you want a car that you can hand-pick individual options you are gonna have to pay a premium for it. The millions of combinations of options you'd have to consider drive massive complexity at the assembly plant and bump up the cost.

Nav is built into Onstar - the system works and it works well

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my GTO, the DRL circuit ran through a different relay than the regular headlight switch circuit. The DRL relay has been in my glove box since I purchased the car over 4 years ago. My regular headlight switch still works fine.

What really bothers me about the design though is that there's an "auto" position in addition to the regular off/parking lights/headlights positions. Trouble is, the DRL circuit overrides the headlight switch no matter what position it's in. If they had just set it up so that the "Auto" position activated the DRL circuit and left the other 3 positions so I could control the headlights myself, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
In fact, bring back the COPO book, have the salesman hand it to me, and quit making me buy a sunroof, matched tea towels and towing kit when all I want is the GPS.
Cool, do they make Camaro tea towels? :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I hate DRL. I hate OnStar. I hate governors. I hate it any time the manufacturer takes away my locus of control to please some concerned-citizens group and/or the vampire insurance folks. I'll turn my lights on when I want my lights on; I'll turn off my traction control until I remember how much tires cost; I'll make the car do what I want it to do, not the other way around. And pity the dealer who thinks he'll sell me a car stuffed with his aftermarket premiums like theft tracking and $300 touch-up paint and tires filled with anything other than air; I won't speak about the glue-on dealer advertisement emblems.

In fact, bring back the COPO book, have the salesman hand it to me, and quit making me buy a sunroof, matched tea towels and towing kit when all I want is the GPS. I do want GPS; my orienteering skills are atrocious and though I have a cheap portable the built-in systems are much more capable and don't require seriously awkward mounting.
As I am no doubt sure you will take some good-natured chiding from the members about tea towels, nice first post, and rather eloquently done!

Welcome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.