Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya, I know this should be in the multimedia thread but it's really about the coolest Camaro video I've seen...

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
why is that the coolest video youve seen? they pick the AMG over the camaro. its a terrible comparisson.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
agreed. . .

Nothing like comparing a car that is 2x the cost of the Camaro. . . . I was very disappointed in Top Gear on this.

.... disappointed but not shocked on the way they bashed the Camaro.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
why is that the coolest video youve seen? they pick the AMG over the camaro. its a terrible comparisson.
Seriously. I hate it when people pit 2 cars that are in completely different categories price-wise (not to mention quality of materials) and act like they're making a fair judgement. I think their motivation was to show how awesome their precious Mercedes-Benz was next to a typical American sports car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I guess I don't see where the video really shows a winner. In my opinion I thought the Camaro looked way better doing the SAME tricks as the AMG. The AMG looked boring and kind of out of place on the track compared to the Camaro.
But yes comparing two totally different class vehicles is apples to oranges and is probably only done because the AMG would have lost to anything that was in it's class.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I guess I don't see where the video really shows a winner. In my opinion I thought the Camaro looked way better doing the SAME tricks as the AMG. The AMG looked boring an kind of out of place on the track compared to the Camaro.
But yes comparing two totally different class vehicles it apples to oranges and is probably only done because the AMG would have lost to anything that was in it's class.
when the stig takes both around the track, the mercedes ran it about 2 or 3 seconds quicker than the camaro.

dont get me wrong, the benz is a bad ass car. just a bad comparisson

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
yeah i saw the whole show. it was on last week. whats the truck version of that car? they said that actually made it quicker around their track than the camaro did.

·
Registered
407 Posts
yeah i saw the whole show. it was on last week. whats the truck version of that car? they said that actually made it quicker around their track than the camaro did.
I believe you are referring to the Monaro. It did pretty well around the track.

I think that comparison was ridiculous. Now if they would come back to the US and do a comparison with a Camaro, Mustang and Challenger (think back to the ZR-1, CTS-V, Chally show) then that would be more appropriate. Just so long as Jeremy doesn't strap a dead cow to the roof of his car then I think everything would be fine. :lol: Even if they just do this comparison at the TG track that would be fine. Better yet, wait until the Z28 comes out then they can really have some fun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Top Gear Really does hate American cars because they are a threat to euro-crap.
American cars are also closing the gap on handling, style and price.
Bang for the buck nothing beats Chevy:black5thburn:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts