Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my name is Matt and I live in KC MO. I have always been a huge fan of the camaros and own a 1992 rs myself. I would love to have one of these 5th gens asap. Everything about them just seems perfect in my mind.

Aside from that. My father works at the farifax assembly plant here in KC. They are currently making the saturn aura and the chevy malibu. Just last week he received a phone call from a director at the oshawa assembly plant with questions about how the switch to building the malibus went. He wanted to know this information because he is one of the people that will be working on the launch of the camaro. After answering all of his questions my dad decided to ask a few of his own. He asked when we can officially expect to see this camaro on the roads and what performance options would be available as soon as they arrived at dealerships. He was told that the production of the 2010 camaro would begin in February of 09 and would be released later that year as a 2010 model (probably late july/august). As for the performance options, he was told that the base v6, rs package, and ss package would be released as soon as the cars were put up for sale. The ss package is supposedly "race ready", with larger breaks, lighter suspension, and that beautiful LS3 motor powering it. As for the z28, this is supposed to come out a year or two later and when questioned about what differenced this package would include, we were told that it would have a different fascia. We were not told if it would include any other performance modifications.

Well, hope this is some new information to you guys and im glad to be a part of the team now. I know this is kind of unofficial coming from the newest member to a website, but I assure you that I am not making any of this up. We received this information from a plant employee (an engineer at that).

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
That Fairfax plant sure has alot to be proud of these days, they are building some truly excellent cars. :)

As for the info on the Camaro, that could be hit or miss. I know it won't take all the way to June/July to get them to dealers, probably more like March.
Some of that other info sounds pretty good though, so we're hopeful! :)
We'll see at the car's unveil how much of that is accurate, but in the mean time, there's certainly nothing wrong with speculating!

Welcome to the site! :5go:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Welcome!

You can tell you dad, as a Chevy salesman, and lifetime Chevy lover (ok, 41 years & counting.....:BangHead:) we LOVE what the Malibu has done to the Chevy lineup. This car is now too hot to stay on the lots. It was a little slow to start here in the Milwaukee area, but the train is full speed ahead! They are turning out a great car, and I have only seen them in the service department for only oil changes. Those who have had them for a few months love them, and family members are asking about them. This plant has dished out a serious blow to Toyota and Honda, and has them scrambling to come up with something to put out the Malibu flames. Now with new colors & choices for interiors and exteriors, this car will be huge success! The people who build these are taking the time and the pride in the car - it shows to the customers who see them on our lot.

I was told today that Chevy is considering building more new plants, to help pump out new models like the Traverse, and the Volt. When people now talk of $7/gallon gas in 2009 - that Volt is going to be a HOT CAR, and Chevy wants to DELIVER!

A U.S. Company that employs many Americans & Canadians, showing great product sucess. I'm really proud of that! :patriot:

Now if I could just get out of this Trailblazer demo, and into a Cobalt SS Turbo, and then........A CAMARO! :roxor:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hi Matt, thanks for the info and welcome to the site! One sad thing you stated (IMO) was that the Z 28 will be a year later in production. Oh well, I have said I might wait until the 2nd MY to buy one, now that really is a possibility.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.