1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it's any different than the 2008 or 2009.
Maybe wheels are different, I don't really know.
2008 Malibu had a side marker light that went away for 2009.

I think the changes for 2010 Malibu are:
- drivers seat is power lumbar instead of manual lumbar
- power mirror adjustment is now on the drivers door armrest instead of A-pillar
......and that's it, other than colors, as far as the LS is concerned, which is what this is.

This is a base model LS, the only options it has are spare tire and body-side moldings.
But as base models are concerned - this car has alot of standard features! :cool:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Don't forget that the 2.4 likes premium for all of it's 170ish hp :cool:

The LS model does come pretty well equipped for the mid-level vehicles (TB, Malibu, Equinox). The only thing I do not like about the LS is the rubber steering wheel. Did it come with the alloy wheels as an option? I thought they came with hubcaps, but I may be wrong.

The only negative about the vehicles on that platform (Malibu, G6, Aura) is the turning radius. It annoys me to no end in our 08 G6.

Did you keep the GP?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Don't forget that the 2.4 likes premium for all of it's 170ish hp :cool:

The LS model does come pretty well equipped for the mid-level vehicles (TB, Malibu, Equinox). The only thing I do not like about the LS is the rubber steering wheel. Did it come with the alloy wheels as an option? I thought they came with hubcaps, but I may be wrong.

The only negative about the vehicles on that platform (Malibu, G6, Aura) is the turning radius. It annoys me to no end in our 08 G6.

Did you keep the GP?
That's for the "Sport" version of the Cobalt....which no longer exists.
The Malibu's 2.4L is 160ish HP and is tuned for 87.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah this is definitely an 87-octane car.
Although the dealer I bought it from pays for the first tank of gas that you fill up yourself at the gas station down the street, so it got 89 octane for its first fill-up lol.

The wheels are steel wheels with hubcaps.
But the steel wheels are designed as a 5-spoke, so that the hubcap makes it look like a real wheel. Pretty neat!

I traded in my Grand Prix.

Another nice thing about a base model - this car is light! It taps the scales at 3459lbs. :)

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Tim Congrats on the Car :thumbsup:

I have always loved the NEW Malibu in looks , Drive and Comfort.

Was it hard to get a NEW Car out of the Snow/Ice being brand New and clean ? :lol:

I know you bought it to drive but with it being NEW and Clean at first I would have been cringeing lol

Congrats.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
2009 also lost adjustable pedals, and the dome light switch was moved from the dome to the dash control.

I'd have to check for the changes for 2010...all I think they did was kill the hybrid model....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
2009 also lost adjustable pedals, and the dome light switch was moved from the dome to the dash control.

I'd have to check for the changes for 2010...all I think they did was kill the hybrid model....
Pretty much what everyone except Ford with their Fusion is doing with Hybrids. If it doesn't 'look' like a Hybrid sales are bound to be lackluster over the typical ICE unit.

Though I wonder why the Fusion is selling in Hybrid form while elsewhere it's a flop. Marketing?

*shrug*

On topic though; looking at a GMC Terrain or a 'Nox (if we can find either) to replace the Edge in Dec. It's been a bear for the 38K miles we've had it.. time for a change; and we can't wait for saturday. :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Because the Fusion Hybrid can be had with higher trim fittings. I think what killed the Malibu Hybrid that it was basically the LS. Very, very, very bare bones. You can have the Fusion Hybrid loaded to the top..uplevel sound system, leather, etc. etc. If I had a Camaro and the money (plus space) for a economical DD I would probably get one. Plus the Fusion Hybrid looks like it has much higher MPG ratins than the Malibu Hybrid did.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually that's not it, Lu.
The Malibu Hybrid came with approximately 2LT-level equipment. Pretty nicely loaded.
The problem was it was still a few thousand premium, and the MPG advantage was very slim... 22/33 (26 combined) non-hybrid vs 26/34 (29 combined) hybrid.

With the Fusion Hybrid, the MPG advantage is enormous!
23/34 (27 combined) non-hybrid vs 41/36 (39 combined) hybrid. That much difference sells itself.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts