Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a god **** oil leak at 10,000 miles! Seems like it's coming from the half ass excuse of an oil cooler. So over GM and there build quality or lack there of.
Yes I know it's covered under warranty but that's not the point. I get 14.5 avg mpg (never seen 20...ever) front brakes are squeaking at 10,000 miles. Car has never been abused! **** I haven't even done a burnout!!!! Prolly the last GM car I will buy. I've owned all GM cars and one Ford in my 20 plus years of driving. Very disappointed!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear. But give them a chance to fix it. That's what warranties are for. Tell them everything wrong with it and let them find it.

At least you got a laundry list. It would suck worse if you got the brakes fixed last week, and the cooler leaked this week...one trip vs. 20 is a whole lot easier.

BTW, I'd be dissappointed too if I had one Ford....so don't feel too bad. :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue is my work schedule. Just to get it to them is a total PITA! Oh did I mention I hate stealerships I mean dealerships! When ever I have had any of my cars in for work they **** something else up in the process. Won't even go into that list. I'm just gonna relax now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That does suck, but an oil leak from the oil cooler isn't the worst thing that could happen to you. Just be thankful you're not driving an Audi or BMW (my last two cars) those things go in for service more than you can drive them...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
well hello mr sunshine
:lol: :lol:

OP, for the MPG thing, pull the MAF sensor and check it before you take it to them. Look for a letter and 2 numbers. If only one letter and one number, you have a "weak" MAF which screws with the AF computations and could be the cause.

Their is a TSB for the oil cooler thing and shouldn't be a big deal to get handled....

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: :lol:

OP, for the MPG thing, pull the MAF sensor and check it before you take it to them. Look for a letter and 2 numbers. If only one letter and one number, you have a "weak" MAF which screws with the AF computations and could be the cause.

Their is a TSB for the oil cooler thing and shouldn't be a big deal to get handled....
Thanks for the info. As for the MAF what is the solution? Ask for another one? Not sure what I need to mention to them.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks for the info. As for the MAF what is the solution? Ask for another one? Not sure what I need to mention to them.
The MAF has no TSB as far as I can find. But I believe it is handled as needed by "customer complaint". Just tell them about the poor mileage and any surging (hint hint) you have....

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
I think Chevy did a great job with the Camaro. Dont let a few minor problems turn you off on this awesome car. They will make it right and you will be good to go.
...what he said.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a huge improvement over my TA but I expect more from a $38,000 car. Just have to get it in to Chevy.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Please show me this TSB. I don't think it exists, but could use it if it does.
I checked my notes and am mistaken on the cooler TSB, it is only a "Known Issue" but will be replaced under warranty.

There is one for the rear of the block though: Service Bulletin: #05-06-01-034K

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have an oil leak and think it's coming from the cooler. I'm supercharged now, but since it's a common issue I decided to see if GM would fix it. Took it to the dealer and they said either rear main or oil pan gasket. They weren't sure. They didn't even clean the oil off to check, so they don't really know. They said they wouldn't fix it because they think the supercharger is causing to much crank case pressure. I disagree with them. Guess I'll be fixing it myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts