Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is but I just can't deal with the back up sensors they started putting on these cars. I saw a few more Camaro's at the car show today and they all had them plus no chickletts. I'm just glad I order early enough to get the chicklettes and no sensors. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I drove a few new 2SS' with the backup sensors, was cool for a while but glad mine came without them. I also like the rear bumper without the sensors present. The wife liked them..........but for me, nope.;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sensors...

They make a beeping sound as you back up and the closer you get to a object the faster they beep. If you don't like them you can go into your personal settings and turn them off. myself not a big fan, but great for the WIFE. It's her option!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good glad to see it's not only me that does not like them. I'm glad I ordered early enought not to have them.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Didn't have a chose. When I ordered they didn't have them and a month before I mine went to build they started forcing you to have them. I don't mined them, but it does make me feel like I got a second generation of the 2010's. love my baby but wish she didn't have them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just one more thing to help people get through the day without thinking or acting on their own. Plus it looks like crap IMO.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Just one more thing to help people get through the day without thinking or acting on their own. Plus it looks like crap IMO.
Funny you mention that... a coworker was telling a story of a friend who was mad that her reverse sensors didn't alert her of one of those yellow poles by the gas pumps. People are relying too much on these sort of things and are less likely to pay attention.

Sort of like Ford's new commercial where the white Escape parks itself. People will be pulling up to spots where a motorcycle may hardly fit and thinking that the car will just magically find its way in there.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Funny you mention that... a coworker was telling a story of a friend who was mad that her reverse sensors didn't alert her of one of those yellow poles by the gas pumps. People are relying too much on these sort of things and are less likely to pay attention.

Sort of like Ford's new commercial where the white Escape parks itself. People will be pulling up to spots where a motorcycle may hardly fit and thinking that the car will just magically find its way in there.
I park many different types of cars, I can say the sensors in the front and rear of vehicles help tremendously. Lets face it, more and more people do not take the time to look behind their vehicle before backing up. More and more people don't take the time to be sure there is enough space between them and the car near them when pulling into and out of parking spaces.

If this technology keeps other people from injuring others or taking paint from my vehicle, I'm all for it :D

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
But one may deduce that the increasing number of "zombies" behind the wheel is due to the fact that there are many more electronic nannies that help to increase the ever enlarging laziness that more and more drivers are experiencing.

Looking behind is something fundamental in learning to drive a vehicle. I'm not disagreeing that the sensors can help people when being lazy, but we're talking about a coupe here, not a Suburban or box van.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Like most things, you will probably not notice them after a while. I drive quite a few cars with them, They come in handy :D

This is very true when I first got the car I hated them with a passion and still dont like that they are there however unless im looking for them I dont notice them. It is nice at times having something back there telling me when to stop because im normally in places that are tight.

I could do without them easily however I have them and dont even know they are there unless I focus in to see them.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
But one may deduce that the increasing number of "zombies" behind the wheel is due to the fact that there are many more electronic nannies that help to increase the ever enlarging laziness that more and more drivers are experiencing.

Looking behind is something fundamental in learning to drive a vehicle. I'm not disagreeing that the sensors can help people when being lazy, but we're talking about a coupe here, not a Suburban or box van.
I don't mean just turning around while in the drivers seat, I mean walking to the back of the car before entering. I was just as lazy, until I had kids. Looking for things like kids and bikes before leaving has become second nature. I do it much more at places like parking lots looking for carts etc :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't really like the sensors on the rear bumper but it's nice to have them when backing up in the garage.

My Camaro was built the day they started doing the sensors and has to be one of the last without it. I saw another Camaro, built the same day, 122 cars after mine that had the sensors.

I removed my chiclets because I've never liked them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't care for the looks, but wish I had them! I backed into a dirt hill and clipped the very edge of the rear bumper...nothing bad, but still. Rear vision is limited and I ofter underestimate where the rear bumper is - which I prefer rather than hitting stuff like I did the 1 time ;(

·
Registered
346 Posts
My dealer was laughing at me, i was more excited about not having the backup zits on my car than for the actual car itself lol!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts