Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and holly hell what a difference!!! Even though I just bought the car a week ago I was very curious to see what a difference a cai would make with the LS3. I have installed cai's in my previous cars but they were mainly 4 and 6 bangers with little to no results at all. My selection was between the ariad and k&n set up. I decided to go with the K&N set up because it was priced better and came with a chrome tube option which the ariad didn't, no big deal though. As usual with k&n you get more than enough hardware but I would suggest to the folks at K&N to invest in colored ink for the instructions :D Some of the pictures made it a little difficult to see what hardware to use. Other then that install was real easy. I couldn't believe how big the stock air intake system was! Once everything was in place it felt pretty solid which I was a bit skeptical of at first.

Now the difference! After installation I started her up and WOW! I can clearly hear the intake flap opening and sucking air when I step on the throttle and its a very sharp sound. Now, before installing this cai the stock power band was good but I found it somewhat flat from 3000 to 6000 rpm, powerfull but flat. Well no more! Once it hits 3000rpm and I push it more it becomes alive with relentless never ending power! The pull from 3000 to 6000 rpm is fantastic and the engine has a completely different tone, deeper and a lot more throaty! It's like it wakes up at 3000 rpm's and pulls you as long as you can hang on. I guess in the end this cai set up really free's up a lot of hidden power and engine music bliss that these cars were meant to have.

I hope this was usefull to anyone considering this option, definetly worth it.

Cheers,

Rob.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Hello from Alabama and welcome to :5go: That was one of my first mods also but went with Airaid CAI and very happy with it,:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, the CAI really wakes these cars up. I installed my Cold Air Inductions CAI 2 days ago and like you said what a difference. I love the increase in power and the sound is great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts