Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And let me say this thing is awesome! :D It looks great, extremely easy to install. The heat shield actually makes a seal against the underside of the hood, and has weather stripping at the top so it won't cut up the blanket under the hood :thumbsup: It really has a good sound to it, the engine sounds much meaner and the exhaust note is more agressive. There is a noticeable power increase and the throttle response is perfect now, so quick!! The guys over at LMR are great too, willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the product is perfect and everything is working correctly :cheers: Thanks again Steven!!! Can't wait to get that Stalker set up from you guys :gears:

-Mike

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
And let me say this thing is awesome! :D It looks great, extremely easy to install. The heat shield actually makes a seal against the underside of the hood, and has weather stripping at the top so it won't cut up the blanket under the hood :thumbsup: It really has a good sound to it, the engine sounds much meaner and the exhaust note is more agressive. There is a noticeable power increase and the throttle response is perfect now, so quick!! The guys over at LMR are great too, willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the product is perfect and everything is working correctly :cheers: Thanks again Steven!!! Can't wait to get that Stalker set up from you guys :gears:

-Mike
That makes two stellar reviews of self-installed LMRs I've seen so far. It's definitely on my very, very short list of things to buy in the next 3-6 months.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes two stellar reviews of self-installed LMRs I've seen so far. It's definitely on my very, very short list of things to buy in the next 3-6 months.
Haha, yea mine is an extensively long list :rolleyes: You still comin down tomorrow to get your car?

·
8,984 Posts
Pics or fail! :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics or fail! :lol:
Haha, pics are coming, I will take some over the weekend. I just haven't had a chance during the week because work has been so crazy. I didn't wanna take pics at night and have them not show up well!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the nice words Mike!

Black:

Silver Carbon Fiber Finish:

Black Carbon Fiber Finish:

These pictures were taken without the weather stripping. I will post new pics this weekend along with dyno graphs.

We had a car just leave the shop with one installed. Car baselined 353rwhp and left with 366rwhp. Also picked up 10ft lbs of tq. That was installing our CAI only, no tune!

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pmUwaa_3uQ

·
8,984 Posts
Haha, pics are coming, I will take some over the weekend. I just haven't had a chance during the week because work has been so crazy. I didn't wanna take pics at night and have them not show up well!!
No worries brother, just giving you a hard time bud!:lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries brother, just giving you a hard time bud!:lol:
Haha, I know it!! I always expect someone (usually you ;)) to post the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics" icon!!

By the way Steven, thank YOU for making a great product, and thanks to everyone at LMR for always being helpful :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Haha, I know it!! I always expect someone (usually you ;)) to post the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics" icon!!

By the way Steven, thank YOU for making a great product, and thanks to everyone at LMR for always being helpful :thumbsup:
Are you planning to swap it with the factory intake every time you take it to the dealer, or do you think your guys will be cool with it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never had a problem with an aftermarket intake before, but then it depends on what you bring it in for. If I have a check engine light on having to do with emissions, then yes I will put the stock one back on. If I'm having a problem with my stereo then no, I won't ;) How are you enjoying your car man!?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the nice words Mike!

These pictures were taken without the weather stripping. I will post new pics this weekend along with dyno graphs.

We had a car just leave the shop with one installed. Car baselined 353rwhp and left with 366rwhp. Also picked up 10ft lbs of tq. That was installing our CAI only, no tune!

How much and I would like to bring it to you for install. L99 and I live in Spring. Would I need to leave the car or can I wait on it?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I've never had a problem with an aftermarket intake before, but then it depends on what you bring it in for. If I have a check engine light on having to do with emissions, then yes I will put the stock one back on. If I'm having a problem with my stereo then no, I won't ;) How are you enjoying your car man!?
Yeah, it's been great fun so far, and honestly I don't know how to deal with the attention. :lol: My only gripes are TM and the fact that I found a few dust dots in the paint.

You won't see a lot of :roxor: from me, but more :gears:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts