Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Decided to stop in at a Dodge dealer to check out the RT's (if they had any). Well, they didn't, but they did have the cheaper '09 models. Didn't even know these were out already. Sticker price was $25k with a base of $21k befor all of the add-ons. Up until now, I wasn't too impressed with these just because they were more retro than my taste, but after seeing it in person.. WOW!! Nice car. Now I really can't wait until the Camaro. I'll be honest, if I wasn't so hell bent on the Camaro at this point, I may have taken the dealer inside to buy the darn thing. Here are some pics. Sorry, it was a crappy cell phone camera..

Sean W

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man I understand. I really like the Challenger, but I have wanted to buy a brand new Camaro since I was a little kid. Now I can !!! I do, however, have every intention of picking up one used down the road to add to my collection. (LOL, which does not exist at the moment)

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm still mulling the decision over. R/T Challenger.. Camaro.. rwhp doesn't matter to me. I want style, and I want 6-speed RWD.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I saw on 08 Challenger SRT8 for the first time at the mall. the camera was in the trunk and I was starving, so I just left. all the cars were parked around it like it was a commercial, and I thought:

WOW THIS THING IS BORING! You'd think you've missed a couple of lines on the car, but when you get up close, it's blank. It's almost soulless.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like what they (Dodge) "tried" to do with the car. Give it about 4 months and those things will be sitting on every dealers lot marked down a bunch.

Its just a BAD time to launch a car, Cheverolet is about 2 years late with the Camaro. You'll see a "quick" run of them and then the market will adjust.

I'll PROMISE you right now, in '10 you'll see incentives & cash-back on them just like everything else........................MARK IT DOWN!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
WOW THIS THING IS BORING! You'd think you've missed a couple of lines on the car, but when you get up close, it's blank. It's almost soulless.
I thought the same thing. The Dodge stealership near me still has two SRT8's with sticker's over $55K. :rolleyes:

Btw; this too should be in the 5GO Lounge. The Mod's must have the weekend off? ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like what they (Dodge) "tried" to do with the car. Give it about 4 months and those things will be sitting on every dealers lot marked down a bunch.

Its just a BAD time to launch a car, Cheverolet is about 2 years late with the Camaro. You'll see a "quick" run of them and then the market will adjust.

I'll PROMISE you right now, in '10 you'll see incentives & cash-back on them just like everything else........................MARK IT DOWN!!
sounds like you're telling me to hold out as long as i can(if i wanna save some $ that is) to buy a Camaro, correct?

·
Registered
166 Posts
sounds like you're telling me to hold out as long as i can(if i wanna save some $ that is) to buy a Camaro, correct?
YEP, I've been driving since '81 and I've seen this **** many, many times. First time was with the '82 Camaro, then the 5.7 going into it in '87, a "mid-year" release. The ZR1 vette, Dodge's Viper (BIG) mark-up in the first year, ect. ect. ect.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I'd give $55g for a SRT Challenger, thats DOUBLE what those cars are worth. And you'll see thats true in about 2 years.

If anyone out there pays OVER sticker for a car your a dumb-ass...................

·
Registered
357 Posts
I like the old & new Challengers and that color looks good on it. I can't believe the price markups on these cars. I wonder if they sold the entire first year (limited production run).

SF
Rick

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the old & new Challengers and that color looks good on it. I can't believe the price markups on these cars. I wonder if they sold the entire first year (limited production run).

SF
Rick
Actually, the dealer at this place told me that a number of the RT's didn't got to individuals, but to corporate places and such. Company cars I guess.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would be lying if I said I wasn't considering the challenger as an option.

I took this pic at a dealership last night:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I want a Camaro, but "if" GM by some freak of nature screws up an prices it out of my reach then, I think I'll probably maybe might go for the Challenger R/T and that's a promise sort of.
But seriously, It is a sharp looking car and their not nearly as big as I thought they'd be actually their slightly bigger then the Camaro. The dealer here said that the R/T's would be showing up on the lots in October. Now if I were to go for the Challenger, why the "H" would I buy one in Oct, only to have park it at the end of the month for winter?

·
8,984 Posts
I saw one on Friday afternoon.

Orange, new 20" orange accented rims, limoed windows, and what sounded like a very aggresive exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I want a Camaro, but "if" GM by some freak of nature screws up an prices it out of my reach then, I think I'll probably maybe might go for the Challenger R/T and that's a promise sort of.
You better hope the Dodge dealers still aren't adding their mark-ups at that point. I'm in the same mind set, but I would be getting a G8 GXP (Or even GT if they offer the M6 for it).

Now if I were to go for the Challenger, why the "H" would I buy one in Oct, only to have park it at the end of the month for winter?
Because this way they've released it before the Camaro comes out. They've tried to be first with this car the whole time.

The Challenger is a great looking car. It's the fact that it's a Charger in different skin that takes it out of my possible options.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Silly opinion. Same reason that an Australian Monaro reskinned as a GTO irked me. No vision. Watering down an historic nameplate. It's jus a personal opinion. If they took the 60, and called it the Camaro, I would probably not be happy about it, either.

The Holden Commodore as a G8 works for me. Taking a good car, and introducing it to the US as a new model, that works. Trying to bring it in as an iconic nameplate would have irked me.

Again, just my own quirky opinion.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just went back today with my real camera. They were closed of course. Here's a few good shots plus the tag info...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts