Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just give yall a what ho. I'm 16 and want to learn alot about 3rd gen camaro's. they seem like the forgotten son around here. anyways, Hi.

(and dont worry, I'm not another hbz28...):lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
hey guys, just give yall a what ho. I'm 16 and want to learn alot about 3rd gen camaro's. they seem like the forgotten son around here. anyways, Hi.

(and dont worry, I'm not another hbz28...):lol:
I'm already taking a dislike to you :mad:

They aren't forgotten; they are just considered the bastard child of the F-Body.

If you want to know anything about them, do some research, join TGO or ask on here, there are a lot of very knowledgible people who have owned them on this board. My car obsession was started by Thirdgen Camaro's as well.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
HB, the quote you have in your signature is missing very important fuelie engines...

LU5 (Cross Fire 305 in the 82-83 Z28) and L83 (Cross Fire 350 in the 82 & 84 Vette).

Don't forget the LT5 in the C4 ZR1...

So, let me help you:

LO3<LU5<L83<LB9<L98<LT1<LT4<LS1<LS6<LT5<LS2<LS3<LS7<LS9

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome.. 3rd gens are the best looking for me and since your 16 and driving soon there cheap now to buy so you can have a ton of fun with them.. Ask anything you like if you cant get the answer on this site its not worth knowing.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome.. 3rd gens are the best looking for me and since your 16 and driving soon there cheap now to buy so you can have a ton of fun with them.. Ask anything you like if you cant get the answer on this site its not worth knowing.. :thumbsup:
Yes, but please, don't be like every other 16-year-old that I have known and heard about and wrap another one of these beautiful cars around a tree. Drive carefully! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trust me, I have utmost respect for cars. im not another idiot runnin around going "teehee, im faster than you *wrap*".

as for hb, no harm done?

ALLLSOOO if the one motor went before his, then the hemi goes before that! :lol: (i'm a mopar fan at heart, but the 3rd gen camaros are the one thing that keeps the bow tied around my neck.)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That was a joke. I can't find the timeslip. But there's a video of it so maybe I can get a hold of my friend and post it.
He got u on that one. Plus, doing 110 on a track with a camera in one hand.. :lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
He got u on that one. Plus, doing 110 on a track with a camera in one hand.. :lol:
Lol I did 110 on a road lol. I can't remember the circumstances, I think someone called me out and told me car was a POS and needed 20 miles of down hill road and a strong tailwind to get to 80 or something. Next day on the interstate I found a short strech of open road (flat, too lol) and I got on it and I was at 100 plus very quickly. Snapped a picture and sent it to him. That speed limiter needs to go, when I hit the limiter it felt like I hit a brick wall. It was climbing fast and then it just abruptly haulted, I actually was jerked forward lol. It had at least another 30 mph left in it. The video is of me at Byron running the quarter. Ran a 15.17 @ 90.

I bumped into this guy last night too. He was still talking ****. I asked him if he wanted to race. He has a V6 F-150 lol. He was really cocky at first and told me he would murder my car with it and then I told him we should put money... or better yet, his girl... on this (she's pretty cute!) lol. If I win I take his girl home with me... he backed out lol. What a puss.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Eh, 110 isnt that fast, or at least it doesnt feel that fast in a car. I never did the conversion for my speedo when i did the 6 speed swap(so mine doesnt work). So trapping 110 at the track didnt feel that fast to me. Heck, i was driving down the strip, ripping gears, like i normally drive almost.

Oh yea. welcome to the forum new guy.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Trapping 110 is low 13's for LS1 cars that are hitting 2.0 or slower 60'.

Actually getting to 110 in any capacity is quite an accomplishment for a L03, though.

I've only done 140's. I never had enough room to safely eclipse the 150 mark. This is in a stock vehicle, mind you (my SS and GTO).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts