Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I'm diggin' the G8's but I've had a performance 4-dr vehicle for almost 3 years now! I'm ready for a change, and the 5th gen Camaro certainly fits the bill!:patriot:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
eh, stay away from the cobalt. . . I've had a SRT-4 for 4 years and it was nice to start with, but F-WD and power sucks a$s big time. . . Might as well pound the song by Sneaker Pimps, "Spin, Spin, Sugar" cuz that is all you do. . . Then you have the guys that talk about racing and get this quote all the time. "If we were racing from a "roll" then I would have taken him."

pfft. get in line for the Camaro like the rest of us.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
i almost bought a cobalt ss, being at a redlight and having a new camaro pull up that would been a hard 24 grand to swallow. 22 with the gms

but then again g8gt also, i was waiting for the 6 speed but chevy has come up with a better deal i figure, not sure on the hood vent on the camaro.
Ill school you on the cobalt SS a lil:

2005-2007 SS gotr a super charger that had rated crank power of 205, the cars stock put down 220 to the wheels. the 08-09 turbo SS' put down 240 stock to the wheel and with a tune can put down 280 to the wheels stock.

They are good cars, only buy one with the g85 package its limited slip diff and HIGHLY needed.

the problem is they are front wheel drive, if they werent front wheel drive then I would say go for it. but you should wait for the camaro or a G8 like I am doing.

go to cobaltSS.net

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hey, the Cobalt SS beat the GT500KR in the most recent Motor Trend "handling" comparison. In fact, the Mustang placed DFL out of 10.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hey, the Cobalt SS beat the GT500KR in the most recent Motor Trend "handling" comparison. In fact, the Mustang placed DFL out of 10.
Which is weird because the Mustang isn't that heavy of a car :confused: I guess the live axle.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Ya my buick regal & and before it i had grand prix gtp, both supercharged and FWD. They are fun, but cant compare to the balance of RWD. It's just better weight distribution.

Now i am interested in trying a vehicle with a mid-engine layout, like the new audi R8 or maybe even an acura NSX. To me that would seem ideal.

-po

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes front wheel drive and hp sucks, i test drove a cobalt couple months ago and if i had little too much gas applied in low gears the steering wheel would jerk like crazy. ROCK ON CAMARO !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts