Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who bought or is buying new emblems ("SS" or "Camaro") the emblems aren't a product of North America. Specifically marked as "made in Korea" on the GM packaging and also on a sticker on the parts themselves. I found that interesting is all. So before everyone starts bashing a KIA...something to consider.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am thinking about going with first gen. badges anyway. I think those are still made here. My other option is "de-badged". If people can't tell what I have by looking, well all the better.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The Aveo gets one star and is considered just better than walking.... shows what good things the Koreans gave us
I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but... That post sounds a lot like what domestic haters say. They see one bad car and decide that's how all domestics are....If you see anything recent by Hyundai/Korea, it's actually quite impressive. I would never ever ever.....ever buy one...like ever, but they have some great products

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but... That post sounds a lot like what domestic haters say. They see one bad car and decide that's how all domestics are....If you see anything recent by Hyundai/Korea, it's actually quite impressive. I would never ever ever.....ever buy one...like ever, but they have some great products
They are making better products...but I would never buy a Kia, Hyundai, Toyota or Nissan.

·
Registered
402 Posts
With the global economy as the way it is, I would'nt knock parts as to where they came from, but as to the quality. The V6 for the Camaro is assembled in Canada, and the 6-speed manual in the SS is assembled in Mexico. Now ask yourself, "Where do the parts for them come from?"

Koreans have made great strides, and the Japanese continue to improve their product. To be fair, I would say give each MFG the same plans, and have them build the same car (no nameplates or badges). Then test drive them all and see who made the best car. ;)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the global economy as the way it is, I would'nt knock parts as to where they came from, but as to the quality.
Why didn't GM get their brake rotors from Korea? They're the only ones I know of putting enough chromium in there to help prevent the warping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts