Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after looking at about every CAI on the market I decided on this one. I don't put much into Dyno numbers but if it's even close I will be happy. Got a good deal on it 280.00 and no shipping charges.

My car is going to All American Muscle for a ZEX kit install and Jeremy Fermato is going to be doing the tune on the car. Work will all be done this Wends afternoon.

I'll post up some Dyno numbers when all is said and done.

Had anyone else used this CAI?

Here's the link.
Dyno Test: 4 K&N vs. AEM 5th Gen Camaro Intake Options - LSXTV.com

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the K&N Typhoon 69 series (the chrome one) and I love it. It does feel like it provided a little extra in the seat, but where I really noticed a difference is the symphony under WOT. It seems to have made my exhaust louder under WOT, and to me, that is a good thing.

I will admit that I did not have a lot of seat time when I installed mine, so I probably wouldn't have be able to tell if there was a large difference.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the street tune today but the ZEX box that reads WOT wasn't working! So now I have to wait till they ship another one and then Dyno tune it.

And yes I 100% agree the exhaust sounds awesome at wot!

Jeremey tuning my car:

·
Registered
51 Posts
That looks like the Series 63 Aircharger to me, not the series 69 Typhoon. Typhoon has the polished metal intake tube. I had one on my 1LT and loved it. Airchargers have been known to throw CEL's occasionally for some reason;Typhoon's not.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The polished was an option for some extra $$$ and I didnt think it was worth the extra $$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts