Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and gals, my name is Kenny from Indonesia and I'm an International College Student in Austin,Tx. I’ve decided to start a build thread for my Camaro! 8 months ago On July 12th, 2010, my 2010 Camaro 1Lt was purchased from local dealer. I drove it off the lot with 19k miles on the odometer when i bought it.

Originally, I did not plan to buy a camaro bcs im a foreign college student and would like to find a fuel efficiency car such as honda civic or else, but somehow went to maxwell ford and the salesmen gave us a test drive and i fell in love with the car. And Daddy paid in full amount. I wasn't planning to mods my car but suddenly i realized that this is not what i want, so i'm trying my best to make my car look like the original bumblebee. And decided to mods cosmetics and bolt ons. And all the mods is came from my pocket money, parents didn't give me a dollar for the mods money.

Currently, I have the following mods installed:

Exterior Cosmetics :

Transformers fender emblem
Transformers Door Sill
Transformers stripes
GM High Wing spoiler
20" RS Rims
Blackout lower grill
Stillen Splitter
GM GFX Rear Diffuser
MBRP GFX Muffle Tips
Team LLT Badge
ZL1 Side Rocker Panels
Painted Engine Cover : http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/401096-post23.html

Interior Cosmetics :

Aluminium Paddle Shifter from vitesse motorsport : http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/400995-post20.html
Hand Made Carbon Fiber Airbag + Black steering wheel Bezel from Henry Hennessy
Pict installed Hand Made Carbon Fiber Airbag + Black steering wheel Bezel from Henry Hennessy

Performance

Pulstar Iridium spark plugs
CAI k&n
Kooks Catback muffler
BBK LT headers
BMR 1" drop
BMR Strut Brace
Ported Throttle Body
Black Ice-olator
Trifecta Tune

Future Mods :

Hurst Paddle Shifter
GM Interior Kit
Electric Cutouts
BMR Sway Bars kit + End links.
Transformers Center Console
ZL1 Front Bumper

My Goal : is to have a fast daily car/ show car.

Recent Pictures

The day i picked her up with my mom dad and brother. me (the tall one) :D

Daddy's happy face. lol but mommy prefer this stangs. :(

20" RS Rims

TF3 Replica Stripes

GM High Wing Spoiler

GM GFX Rear Diffuser

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Plasti Dip lower grill and high wing spoiler.

Blacked out upper grill

Kooks Catback + MBRP GFX muffler Tips

Transformers door sill and emblem

ZL1 Side rocker panels installed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My Racing life

Back in my hometown (Indonesia, somewhere in asia) i used to race gokart and retro car with dadd. Been racing since i was 9yo (now im 22yo).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Videos of my Bee

1st time racing with my camaro @ Driveway Austin. At that time my car was fully stock. no mods no nothing, just using my racing skill

Kooks Cat-back Exhaust System.

1st dyno run with catback exhaust.

Installed BBK LT Headers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1st time racing with my camaro and in the US with Texas Euro-Fest against european and japanese cars.

at that time my car was fully stock, so i dont expect too much from the result. at least i can floor my car without worried from police. i'm just using my racing skill.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
last month, got another chance for time attack in Driveway Austin and the result was pretty good, overall i got number 4 out of 21 cars on track. And the time was 2 seconds faster than the last time i went there on bone stock car. the first time i went here on a bone stock car was 41 something, and last month my time was faster by 2 seconds with adding K&N CAI BBK LT headers, Catback lowering springs, strut bar.

Results :

here's the picture

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just took some pictures for adams contest couple months ago, but the picture that i submitted is the first pic. hope i can win the contest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A Gift from Henry Hennessy,

So after Texas Wide Meet Up last week, Henry from Hennessy pm me and gave me his number he said "gimme a call". so i called him and he said,
" u know i hand made all my car, give me your address so i can ship you a gift from me to you. i promise you will love it. Just promise me you will put it up on the forum when you get it and install it on ur car"
so i gave him my address. and what's more interesting is when he said

"i will send you one last piece that i made and its never been duplicated, you will be the only one with this piece, hope you like it"

" people offered me for $1k for it. I was going sell it on ebay but knowing how it is going to school full time and trying to modify our camaros, i know sometimes we can't. "
that makes more excited and think " wow, its a concept product, that's awesome, but what is it? why dont u just tell me, i hate surprises."

let's cut all the talk and see what did he gave it to me.

this is his custom wide body camaro

and this is the gift from Henry. i dont know what do u guys call this thing but i know what it is in my language.

For Henry : Thank you very very very very much!!!! i realy dont know how should pay u back man.

now, im going its install it.

words from Henry

Your welcome Kenny,

This past weekend I had a blast in Austin meeting all the camaro5 members at the 2nd annual Texas Wide camaro meet. There I met some cool folks, but what got my attention was this so called kenkartasasmita on the forum that would do a lot for this particular meet. Once I arrive at the oasis , this young kid was taking pictures left and right, even while driving , and actually he almost got a speeding ticket for trying to get up front of all the other camaros, he passed a police officer :sm0:. I just tought Kenny had a big spirit and share the same passion as I do, (my car).

I read one of his post Where he introduce him self on camaro5 and knowing how hard it's to be a full time student and wanting to modify our cars, (I know its hard)"

So driving home from Austin I decided to give him a little gift, one that was very special to me.

Hope he likes it.
:paddle:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update : installed carbon fiber airbag and black bezel from Henry Hennessy.

depressed after trying to get get this thing install by my self but i couldn't get it done so i went to the nearest shop and it only took for 30mins.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I WON MY FIRST CAR CONTEST EVER!!! OMG!!! Thank you Dylan and the rest of the team!!!!!

I have to say this was one of the hardest contests we've ever picked. So many good entries it wasn't easy to pick just 3. Thanks to everyone who entered we'll do it again soon!

And the winners are.... 'drum roll please'

3rd place DAVET1LT for his creative shot... and a pretty darn impressive reflection in white! No small task there.

2nd place Albertog - just dripping wet... and a great shot! Nothing sexier than clean black at sunset!

1st place kenkartasasmita - this shot looks like something right out of a Camaro brochure... it was definitely a standout for our whole team during voting.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts