Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was getting into my trunk today to get my seat towel after I left the Gym to find somebody keyed the rear bumper. the d*%$less piece of sh*&t left a plowed 6 inch gash from the right rear tail light to the bowtie. I dont know why somebody would do this because its against the rules. You dont mess with another persons vehicle or shoot a guy in a parachute. I have no enemy's that I can think of. Only thing that comes to mind is I have a purple heart plate. Not to get political but im at a loss and sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
envy I underatand my dad had a 69 shelby he bought when he came back from vietnam. He was a marine he liked fords im army I like chevy. grrrr I see a nice ford or even a cobalt or tarus I dont mess with it. again I hate to quote pulp fiction but you dont mess w a persons vehicle its against the rules

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Coincidently...two other really nice Camaros have been keyed there also...so I don't think it's Ford hatin' going on around here. [URL="
[/URL]

Because of the paint matching issues I've had with the SGM...I've NEVER left Envy unattended at C & C so she has remained unscathed. And I walked away from the Shelby for less than 10 minutes right after I arrived alone...Envy was in the shop...and when I returned the deed was done...a 3" super deep scratch all the way through 9 layers of clearcoat...no accident there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunatly im a cop. Christine has been in my sight at all times. I let her out of my sight and this happens in the state police parking lot.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
still leave christine alone
I meant Envy as in one of the Seven Deadly Sins. ;) You can't protect Christine from it...you just have to deal with it. I hope the fix goes well...the Shelby came out great and it didn't cost much at all...good luck!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That Soo SUX, one of THE LOWEST FORMS of CHICKEN S&^* I can think of... Sorry to hear that, I hope U can get it fixed soon...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why not install a motion sensor digital camera system, not only do you see who did it, but I bet it is somebody you know and a "person of interest".

This would probably get you a discount on your insurance, and the video could be used to prosecute. But best of all, if this kind of security system becomes popular than it would greatly decrease this kind of terrorism.

It has happened to me on much lesser value car, I'm paranoid it will happen to my brand new Camaro. When I look around at any car lot, you can see how common it is. It used to be that they know and hate the person, or they parked too close, now we have that plus the new "occupy" zombies. They have been brainwashed to think the reason they have don't have as much bling bling is because you took more than your "fair" share.

They are sick folk that should be fired, prosecuted, have memberships cancelled, banished from establishments that they patronize. I know nothing but nothing is going to put the factory paint back on your car so I stress prevention. Every time the subject pops up at your job or wherever your car is discussed, mention your new alarm/surveillance system for everybody to know.

Anybody know a link to any places that would have that kind of survelance camera system? I know they are widely marketed to home and business, so why not the car. The way I see it is you'd need at least 4 cameras to record from any possible angle, maybe evan some from angles under the car. Some stickers to warn them "if you can read this, your under video surveillance, theft, vandalism, and violent acts are being recorded" Perhaps if they can read you won't have to suffer a keying, not only that but you could view anybody that looks like they were going to do it. Maybe a few microphones, one would assume most that do that are alone, but most of them are in groups. Than you could hear the dialog, laughter than when they read your sticker, you'd get what they plan to do to you instead of the key job.

This isn't as tacky and in-effective as those 80's car alarms which had that "please step away from the vehicle".

:angry:

I'm hoping to hear that somebody plans to have that kind of system installed. It might not be out there as a package but all of that technology is out there. Motion sensors and camera sets are sold very cheap but I could imagine the price soaring to get a very effective and accurate system which would work in a car. The portion I see difficulties with is the positons of cameras, I don't know where they could be mounted or need to be mounted. Logic says on top of the car for best possible angle, but than it might need to be retractable. This system could also be of use to record moving accidents and thus clear any false charges, maybe police brutality, other violent acts such as road rage (which also happened to me 1x).

Maybe later on in the future, instead of just video recording, there would be means to prevent it from happening in the first place, like a robo-gaurd dog, future is looking better and better is the way you got to look at this or else your going to hate life and wish you'd have just taken the bus.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Why not install a motion sensor digital camera system, not only do you see who did it, but I bet it is somebody you know and a "person of interest".

This would probably get you a discount on your insurance, and the video could be used to prosecute. But best of all, if this kind of security system becomes popular than it would greatly decrease this kind of terrorism.

It has happened to me on much lesser value car, I'm paranoid it will happen to my brand new Camaro. When I look around at any car lot, you can see how common it is. It used to be that they know and hate the person, or they parked too close, now we have that plus the new "occupy" zombies. They have been brainwashed to think the reason they have don't have as much bling bling is because you took more than your "fair" share.

They are sick folk that should be fired, prosecuted, have memberships cancelled, banished from establishments that they patronize. I know nothing but nothing is going to put the factory paint back on your car so I stress prevention. Every time the subject pops up at your job or wherever your car is discussed, mention your new alarm/surveillance system for everybody to know.

Anybody know a link to any places that would have that kind of survelance camera system? I know they are widely marketed to home and business, so why not the car. The way I see it is you'd need at least 4 cameras to record from any possible angle, maybe evan some from angles under the car. Some stickers to warn them "if you can read this, your under video surveillance, theft, vandalism, and violent acts are being recorded" Perhaps if they can read you won't have to suffer a keying, not only that but you could view anybody that looks like they were going to do it. Maybe a few microphones, one would assume most that do that are alone, but most of them are in groups. Than you could hear the dialog, laughter than when they read your sticker, you'd get what they plan to do to you instead of the key job.

This isn't as tacky and in-effective as those 80's car alarms which had that "please step away from the vehicle".

:angry:

I'm hoping to hear that somebody plans to have that kind of system installed. It might not be out there as a package but all of that technology is out there. Motion sensors and camera sets are sold very cheap but I could imagine the price soaring to get a very effective and accurate system which would work in a car. The portion I see difficulties with is the positons of cameras, I don't know where they could be mounted or need to be mounted. Logic says on top of the car for best possible angle, but than it might need to be retractable. This system could also be of use to record moving accidents and thus clear any false charges, maybe police brutality, other violent acts such as road rage (which also happened to me 1x).

Maybe later on in the future, instead of just video recording, there would be means to prevent it from happening in the first place, like a robo-gaurd dog, future is looking better and better is the way you got to look at this or else your going to hate life and wish you'd have just taken the bus.
I mentioned that two other Camaro owners have had their cars keyed at C&C and one of the guys has over 100 grand in his supercharged custom painted SS...so he had a four point/motion detection/360 degree camera system installed and it cost him $3000...according to what he told me. I was very interested (since I still believe Envy was the desired target) but that price tag was way to steep for me. So I just drag a friend along and make them watch her.

And I know who keyed my car...but what's the point of prosecution. The culprit (a fellow Camaro enthusiast) will serve no time and then come back at me with twice the hate. I've found that laughing and moving on solves the problem best. Their pay off is angering me...so no anger means no pay off...which ultimately means no repeat offense. And I know a lot of guys won't agree...but I call that WINNING! :D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You are a better person than me, If I knew who keyed my car there would be hell to pay. I would not touch there car but I would open up a can of whoopass...on them..As people say in my office "you scare me". I just tell them I am a gentle gaint until needed to be other wise...

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
A camera system sounds like a good idea. Expensive, but good.

An ass whoopin', much as it is needed and deserved, will just land you in jail. There are better and more subtle means of punishment. The right word in the the right place can do much. Pictures are good too. A tool like that will do something stupid again. Watch and wait.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
You are a better person than me, If I knew who keyed my car there would be hell to pay. I would not touch there car but I would open up a can of whoopass...on them..As people say in my office "you scare me". I just tell them I am a gentle gaint until needed to be other wise...
LOL...I'm sorry but whoopass is not my area of expertise. [URL="
[/URL]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts