Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Birmingham, Ala. -- Kia's new auto assembly plant in western Georgia is bringing pockets of prosperity to communities across Alabama and reinvigorating an eastern swath of the state that's suffered heavy textile industry losses.

More...

·
Registered
105 Posts
THIS JUST IN: EPIC NEWS HEADLINES!
Article by: Teh Chuck

KOREANS TO SAVE US ECONOMY!

Recently car manufacturer Kia Motors® has announced plans to open plants in Alabama and Georgia, to hire US workers! Something not even US companies will do!

With the exception of BK, McD, Taco Bell, Wendy's, and everyother goddamn fast food restaurant

This text formated was in Taiwan

·
Registered
105 Posts
does this mean Kia will be more american then chevrolet and dodge? LOL

Or maybe that makes AL/GA more Korean than American. >.>

Jokes aside its always good to see jobs coming into the US, I still can't help but chuckle at the irony of the situation though

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Birmingham, Ala. -- Kia's new auto assembly plant in western Georgia is bringing pockets of prosperity to communities across Alabama and reinvigorating an eastern swath of the state that's suffered heavy textile industry losses.

More...
In sorta related news:
Boeing 787 Plant Should Spur Growth Across (South Carolina)

and
Colorado receives federal grant for clean-tech export

Why do I mention these, because it warms my heart to see other states who support American businesses rather than tax them to the point of being unable to compete (like California does) reap the rewards. California will lag behind every other state in the nation in recovery from this recession mainly due to the lack of manufacturing jobs and the loss of tax revenue due to: (a) the funemployed and (b) companies and ex-Californians moving their business elsewhere.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Now we need a Daewoo plant somewhere.

Wait a sec, do they even make cars anymore?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts