Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its been about 6 months since ive seen a 5th gen Camaro on the streets and that was awesome to see. but now im seeing them EVERWHERE! im kinda jealous. ive been waiting for 5 years roughly for it and i havent got it yet. i hate money lol. i know that good things come to those who wait but ****. does anyone feel me on this?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
so its been about 6 months since ive seen a 5th gen Camaro on the streets and that was awesome to see. but now im seeing them EVERWHERE! im kinda jealous. ive been waiting for 5 years roughly for it and i havent got it yet. i hate money lol. i know that good things come to those who wait but ****. does anyone feel me on this?
Yeah, I know what you mean. A large number of those you see on the road now were probably purchased by people who found out about it this year. :lol: And some of those probably took delivery within 2 months of placing the order. :mad: I guess that's the price I pay for being crazy enough to pre-order last fall. :lol:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm probably opposite of most, but I think it's GREAT to see zillions of Camaros. This means there's a hot car out there that GM is selling the crap out of, which in turn means with demand, more cars will be built, saving more jobs, i.e. helping to turn things around at GM. I love the looks of the 5th gen, and I doubt if I'll ever get tired of looking at it. I just wish there were more out there. I've only seen about 7 this entire week from SC to Illinois! And one (white) was at Adventure Chevy in Dalton. I keep thinking with 55K plus already built, where are they???

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I keep thinking with 55K plus already built, where are they???
Heheheh, it's a big country(s) that all these cars went to. Also, 55K built isn't very many, but they have only been building since March, and in full production since June, sooo.. If I remember correctly from a show I recently saw on NatGeo, the first year Camaro produced over 200K units, I'll bet people saw them all over the place at the end of that production run :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've only seen a couple on the road here in Nassau County and I passed one going in the opposite direction on Jericho Turnpike Saturday morning (RY w/ black stripes) Anyone from this site? It was exciting seeing another one while driving mine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I only see one occassionlly. They are still a rare sighting for me.
Agreed. Seems like the only ones I see are the same ones I've started to see. A black SS going the opposite way as I head to work in the morning; a silver V6 on the way home; an orange V6 at a local business; another RJT 2SS like mine only less the stripes often driving by my business (and beeping when he sees me :D). Then the peppering of one here, one there, on much rarer occasions. Oh, and the 22 on the lot at my dealer and the 30+ on the lot at Paddock...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive decided on an order date. im gonna order my 2SS/RS camaro on December 18th! no more waiting. eveybody in my family espically my girlfriend and son is telling me to.after waiting for so long, it feels good to have a date for order. its like a chip off of my shoulder! only like 7 weeks till then

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I left the states MAYBE 3 or 4 and those where the same ones being purchased when I bought mine I would imagine we are no longer a rare commodity

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I've seen a couple more out there lately, but I guess I'm too anxious for them to be all over the place for everyone to enjoy looking at. The more out there, the more people will mod them and we can tend to know what works and what doesn't to get ideas for all of us to share and maybe use on our own cars.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There are actually quite a few in my area around Fort Campbell. I've seen an RJT SS, Black SS, Red V6, multiple yellows and oranges, and soon my ABM SS will be added to the list.

But thanks to multiple deployments, military bases are full of nice cars nowadays. Saw an Audi R8 the other day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts