1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
That was one of my favorite shows

·
Registered
601 Posts
I haven't looked at the link yet but WOW!!! I get goosebumps thinking that my favorite tv show growing up is coming back. Really would be cool to see a phantom black GTO in there for the new KITT(since I own one) but if GM could swing a new Camaro that would be the iceing on the cake!
Really I believe we will see the old one but tricked out with an outrageous body. Would bet on a gto/ monaro platform if they use a GM car. They couldn't possibly use a non-GM car, could they???? If they did I might not watch it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got just the car!!

Ready for this??

:D:lol::D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ok saw the link. Hopefully, please GM keep the car yours. There are a lot of gtos out there floating around and I bet they could make up a new body similar to the camaro. Or even use the camaro on a gto like transformers. I would be dissapointed to say the least if KITT was a ford or dodge. It should stay as it was in the 1980s a GM car.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It can't be a ford or a dodge. The whole show would end up being Bonnie in the trailer working on KITT all the time. :rolleyes: On the other hand, that may not be too bad depending on who they actually cast as Bonnie. ;) Hmmm...

Seriously though, as long as the show was halfway decent it would be quite an advertisement to have the Camaro standing in as the new KITT.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I think the Solstice would fit right in. It looks like it coudl be an advanced supercar.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I can see KITT as a C6 vette before the new camaro. I dont see KITT as a 5th gen. I can imagine a Z06 with a wider front scoop with the trailing scanner lights running across the desert as the openning of the show.

But Actually KITT at one time was a Dodge Stealth with a fiberglass re-body (see Knight Rider 2000 movie, lol). So I wouldnt be surprised by a unfaithful jump to a different brand.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I can see KITT as a C6 vette before the new camaro. I dont see KITT as a 5th gen. I can imagine a Z06 with a wider front scoop with the trailing scanner lights running across the desert as the openning of the show.

But Actually KITT at one time was a Dodge Stealth with a fiberglass re-body (see Knight Rider 2000 movie, lol). So I wouldnt be surprised by a unfaithful jump to a different brand.
Wasn't that a series? Yeah, I remember that, but it wasn't really "KITT." They had those scooters that split in two and some other goofy ass sht. That was a STUPID show/movie/whatever.

Seriously though, and maybe more important, if they don't get William Daniels to do the voice again they'd be making a HUGE mistake.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Wasn't that a series? Yeah, I remember that, but it wasn't really "KITT." They had those scooters that split in two and some other goofy ass sht. That was a STUPID show/movie/whatever.

Seriously though, and maybe more important, if they don't get William Daniels to do the voice again they'd be making a HUGE mistake.
No, thats Team Knight Rider you are thinking of. Its was backed by Ford.
-Domino-Mustang
-Beast- F150
-Dante- Expedition
-and the ghey two bikes

Knight Rider 2000 wasnt pilot turned into a tv movie with the Hoff in it. KITT was old tech and lost. They found his processor and put it into a Bel Air, because the new KIFT was in the custom Dodge Steath. Michael ripped KIFT's processor out and put KITT's in after they trashed the perfect mint Bel Air; then KITT saves the day by avoiding rush hour traffic via the San Antonio, Tx riverwalk in boat mode to get to the evil villain.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
No, thats Team Knight Rider you are thinking of. Its was backed by Ford.
-Domino-Mustang
-Beast- F150
-Dante- Expedition
-and the ghey two bikes

Knight Rider 2000 wasnt pilot turned into a tv movie with the Hoff in it. KITT was old tech and lost. They found his processor and put it into a Bel Air, because the new KIFT was in the custom Dodge Steath. Michael ripped KIFT's processor out and put KITT's in after they trashed the perfect mint Bel Air; then KITT saves the day by avoiding rush hour traffic via the San Antonio, Tx riverwalk in boat mode to get to the evil villain.
LOL I'll have to see that...Even though it sounds GHEY.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
that's awesome... but dag it would be nice if the Firebird was coming back. i agree, they should definitely use a GM car... but maybe call it something else. KITT will always be a 3rd gen bird in my heart :D

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
As long as the Hoff isn't in it. He was great back in the cheesy 80's, but that won't fly nowadays.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.