Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orderd them from Maryland Speed and couldnt wait any longer lol, cant wait til they get here, also ordered new GM gaskets just in case and a SLP 160 stat :D

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hopefully everything should fit well

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you went with the kooks after all great choice. best headers out there dont care what anyone says
Yea finally did it lol, im kinda glad i did cause i heard they fit real well, how are yours holding up??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will love Kooks!! They are a sponsor of our club and there products are 2nd to none.
thats awesome and good to hear, i always hear great things about there products

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Good choice, did you get it with HF cats or pipes? Oh, and make sure you have a custom tune for it before you drive the car.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good choice, did you get it with HF cats or pipes? Oh, and make sure you have a custom tune for it before you drive the car.
Mine are still kicking but. Love the sound amd the power. Did you get the full cat back. I went with kooks 2.5 slepper cat back. I love it
Chapel i got the off road pipes for now, i thought u could drive the car for alittle til the tune??

Thats awesome, no i have the Corsa Catback 2.5

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Chapel i got the off road pipes for now, i thought u could drive the car for alittle til the tune??

Thats awesome, no i have the Corsa Catback 2.5
Different people have gone different amounts of time before a CEL showed up. And there are few who never had the CEL come on at all. Me, I would never skimp on the tuning because IMO it is important. A proper tune can be the difference between a good running engine, a poor running engine, and a blown engine. Although it isn't as drastic for an N/A engine as it is for a forced induction, it still isn't something you wanna underestimate. God forbid you go WOT on that thing and blow something. And since you have other mods, you should definitely have that thing tuned at this point. Why take a chance. 06MonteSS can have you squared away for $135 with free updates for a year.`

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
My CEL came on between 200-300 miles sounded like crap and also had the gas smell because the a/f ratios etc were not where they needed to be. Let me know if you need a SCT handheld tuner. Sold my kooks last week, and don't need the SCT anymore.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Different people have gone different amounts of time before a CEL showed up. And there are few who never had the CEL come on at all. Me, I would never skimp on the tuning because IMO it is important. A proper tune can be the difference between a good running engine, a poor running engine, and a blown engine. Although it isn't as drastic for an N/A engine as it is for a forced induction, it still isn't something you wanna underestimate. God forbid you go WOT on that thing and blow something. And since you have other mods, you should definitely have that thing tuned at this point. Why take a chance. 06MonteSS can have you squared away for $135 with free updates for a year.`
Yea i have a great tuner hear that did 4 of my last LS1 cars, and out of all of those 4 cars i WOT them once in awhile for about 2 weeks til i got my tune and zero problems

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My CEL came on between 200-300 miles sounded like crap and also had the gas smell because the a/f ratios etc were not where they needed to be. Let me know if you need a SCT handheld tuner. Sold my kooks last week, and don't need the SCT anymore.
Thanks i appreciate it, but im gonna have my tuner here do a custom dyno tune, what do u mean sounded like crap??

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
No problem...was pretty rough until I got the tune in to let the headers do their job. If you run stock with your headers for a while and then get it tuned, you'll hear/feel the difference, nigth & day.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem...was pretty rough until I got the tune in to let the headers do their job. If you run stock with your headers for a while and then get it tuned, you'll hear/feel the difference, nigth & day.
Yea this is what i hear, i kinda remember from my LS1 cars i guess it will be the same

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
should i have gone with an X-Pipe?? heard it was possible to get one but not sure?

·
Registered
425 Posts
You did not get the x pipe. Yes you should get it. What are you going to do hook up he kooks only to take it down to hook up the x pipe ldpwn the road :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts