Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as many of u know i was waiting for texas speed to get there shipment in but they were constanly on back order so i couldnt resist and wait and i just orderd a set of Kooks 1/7/8 headers from Maryland Speed!!!! :5go:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That is awesome!! Congrats........ :thumbsup:

I was wondering when you were finally going to pull the trigger on a set of long tubes..... Ha Ha Ha!!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is awesome!! Congrats........ :thumbsup:

I was wondering when you were finally going to pull the trigger on a set of long tubes..... Ha Ha Ha!!!
Nice, I love my kooks!
yea its been a long time waiting lol!! Yea they make nice stuff and it should fit like a glove!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your going to Love them, I love mine.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got them in today and all i can say is wow!! only thing i didnt like is how close that drivers side header sits by the steering column boot, anyone have this on there kooks??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Post some pics...

There will be some variations with fitment. Not every Camaro will be built exactly identical. And the same with headers. Some will vary from others. So sometimes, a header will come close to the something under the hood while a different set of the same brand and size will have a little more clearance. As long as it isn't touching anything you're fine.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Dude, after all those posts and questions...we all deserve to see some pics, haha. So come on man, how is the car with the headers? How was the install? Did you get the tune? How does it sound?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Post some pics...

There will be some variations with fitment. Not every Camaro will be built exactly identical. And the same with headers. Some will vary from others. So sometimes, a header will come close to the something under the hood while a different set of the same brand and size will have a little more clearance. As long as it isn't touching anything you're fine.
Dude, after all those posts and questions...we all deserve to see some pics, haha. So come on man, how is the car with the headers? How was the install? Did you get the tune? How does it sound?
Ok cool, well they fit really well, just was worried about the steering shaft boot as it has about an inch of clearance but it didnt melt it yet lol, install went really well on a lift with help from my brother and friends did the whole job in 3hrs + the thremostat etcc..., the car is animal with the headers pulls like crazy up mid range and up top, no SES CEL light yet but im sure it will come on, it sounds amazing from inside of the car and out, mellow at idle, and inside the cabin the Corsa does a good job of no drone, im extremely happy with everything so far, just contacted my tuner so i get a tune done soon!! thank u guys for all ur help, and big thanks to Chapel !! :5go:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
o and will post pics and dyno tune video soon!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Cool beans!! They will sound even better as they break in!! I'm glad you got them!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool beans!! They will sound even better as they break in!! I'm glad you got them!
Yea thats what ive heard, i thought the sound will be the same?? but hey thats even better then lol

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i even enjoy driving the car more than i did before lol!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts