Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes....I did Laps for Charity on Sunday at the LV Speedway with the Southern Nevada Camaro Club. For great cause and so MUCH FUN. Pictures were available Monday afternoon. I ordered 2 custom coffee mugs and they were already delivered YESTERDAY. Great mementos of the event.
10421992_10203688633117231_3067140458271507362_n.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's very cool, how neat to be able to be on a track!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
So how does it all work? you just pay an entry fee and they let you follow a pace car for a few laps? How fast do you go? Don't really have any fast tracks here ... would have to go all the way to Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've done Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway with Envy several times and it's always been a lot of fun so I know you had a blast. What was the top speed they let your group go?
We were told it was going to be 75....subject to change. My friend Chandi(her daughter was in back seat) posted a pic of mom driving 109.
I was in the second grouping of our club....I stopped looking at the HUD...at 94

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would have liked to do it just to see how fast mine would go...mmmm except I found out on my quick trip to Vegas last month that it tops out at 118. A Ford Escape passed me like I was stopped...can't have that! So I followed him for awhile, we were running 110 most of the way. Gotta love the middle of nowhere Nevada! And a lack of troopers on duty at that time. I was just amazed how great my car handled, same at 80 as 118.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have liked to do it just to see how fast mine would go...mmmm except I found out on my quick trip to Vegas last month that it tops out at 118. A Ford Escape passed me like I was stopped...can't have that! So I followed him for awhile, we were running 110 most of the way. Gotta love the middle of nowhere Nevada! And a lack of troopers on duty at that time. I was just amazed how great my car handled, same at 80 as 118.
That's what I've noticed too Lesli....the handling even when driving triple digits.
Please message me on your next Vegas trip....we'll do lunch or coffee

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's what I've noticed too Lesli....the handling even when driving triple digits.
Please message me on your next Vegas trip....we'll do lunch or coffee
I definitely will, it was a very fast trip, haha, we left Elko at 8 am, and we were back to Ely at midnight, stayed there. Poor little pony couldn't go another step...ok, maybe it was me that was done :) But definitely if I get that way with more than an hour turnaround, would love to meet and say HI!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definitely will, it was a very fast trip, haha, we left Elko at 8 am, and we were back to Ely at midnight, stayed there. Poor little pony couldn't go another step...ok, maybe it was me that was done :) But definitely if I get that way with more than an hour turnaround, would love to meet and say HI!
Gonna hold you to it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts