Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, me old (8yrs+/-) laptop, our 17" Acer Aspire has been in me garage (visiting MC) the last 5yrs n' decided it needs repaired/replaced,
we decided, to wait to get me Acer, fixed & get a new laptop, looked for ever but finally found a good one for every thing I need for work,
home, photo's, games, traveling & possibly for the Camaro :) + while she waits to fix the old laptop & the wife said.. its hers ..lols
I think that's fair and better for the both of us & save us a few bucks in the long run.
This new Laptop is a "beast", its got 16GB ram, 240GB SSD & 1TB SATA HHD & Blueray + DVD/CD burner.. tho its got W8.1,
were kicking it out & replacing it w/W7pro, I got a friend thats got a ton of keys he bought and said he can install for me,
he just wants the W8.1 key, to sale..lol, its a G750-series, w/ the new i7-7400HQ & GTX 765M graphics card,
heck, this thing is just as bad a$$ as our tower we had our friend build a few years back.. so any ways,
any one else buy one or know much a bought it, hows it working for you ?
Any one wanna talk a bought their laptop, plans they got or MOD's they are going to do to theirs ?O? :D

Coming soon (!!!), many pics and more posts...LMAO :lol::lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Nice laptop. The ASUS ROG boards rock.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice laptop. The ASUS ROG boards rock.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I herd, these are very solid peaces of machines.. the only bad thing I've herd, was the screens (dead pixels) & power input @ the board
can go.. if the charger, is not the correct, wattage, because, the charger's that got released were to low & the draw was to high :eek:
So a lil bit worried over those, but other than that, not much in the complaint dept.. LOLs.. I just hope this thing last,
way longer than me Acer.. tho me Acer, has done pretty good in my opinion, for a recon,
it has done great for what I paid and the time I've had her, even my friend states, he can't believe how long & well its done,
for the last 8+/-yrs I've had her.. the wife hopes she'll get a few more years out of her, she wants to do a few things, with hers and
mainly jump on the internet w/out being in the office.. all the time..:lol::lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I herd, these are very solid peaces of machines.. the only bad thing I've herd, was the screens (dead pixels) & power input @ the board
can go.. if the charger, is not the correct, wattage, because, the charger's that got released were to low & the draw was to high :eek:
So a lil bit worried over those, but other than that, not much in the complaint dept.. LOLs.. I just hope this thing last,
way longer than me Acer.. tho me Acer, has done pretty good in my opinion, for a recon,
it has done great for what I paid and the time I've had her, even my friend states, he can't believe how long & well its done,
for the last 8+/-yrs I've had her.. the wife hopes she'll get a few more years out of her, she wants to do a few things, with hers and
mainly jump on the internet w/out being in the office.. all the time..:lol::lol:
My words of advice.....buy the extended warranty!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I just buy cheap laptops :lol: $250 for 3 or 4 years then on to the next :D

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

That was my usual doing....been through 3 in about 10 years...then someone....yes ME...decided to buy a Mac Probook for a mere $2500...OUCH!!!! But I am loving it so far

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
That was my usual doing....been through 3 in about 10 years...then someone....yes ME...decided to buy a Mac Probook for a mere $2500...OUCH!!!! But I am loving it so far
that would have to last me 25 years :lol:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My words of advice.....buy the extended warranty!!!!!!
.. thats passed, have to do that at the time of purchase :facepalm: :lol:

Yea, I know a lot of people that do that, sadly, they are never happy w/ it, after a while.
:dunno: I spent most of me saved money, to get this bad girl, she has every thing I need in a laptop, witch most laptops don't offer :facepalm: / :lol:

that would have to last me 25 years :lol:
.. Wow.. you can get them for a $100. a peace.. Hokie.. :lol:

Heck.. I get me moneys worth out of what I buy too, well as much as I can :lol::lol:
tho your a nurse, so I can see the need for a MAC, most of the medical field uses them.. :p
Heck, I wish I had more money, I'd gotten a 3yr warranty & top end drivers :lol::facepalm::lol:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
go to the mfr website for the blu-ray, download the drivers for it and install. Yiiou should be good to go.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My BD ROM BC-5500H already has the drivers installed.. what now ??
I did try to update also.. directly from my system, it states its got the newest update..
I just put a Blu-Ray movie in & these players tell me.... plus
I went to the web sight, for support.. and told them that my ASUSDVD keeps telling me: the disc is unsupported in drive E: &
VLC tells me : Its missing the library for the AACS decoding :dunno:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well the manufacture of my driver said this..
The VLC media player doesn't quite support Blu-ray playback. I also don't know of a freeware player that supports Blu-ray playback well. You can try a copy of Cyberlink's PowerDVD Ultra Edition at their link below:
Other than this.. if it doesn't work.. I'll need to find a new driver.. or
see if a tech' might have a solution.. :dunno:

EDIT; From what I've just found out on the net.. W8 doesn't support or offer any BluRay programs, you have to buy them, all the free programs won't work on W8.. so I wonder Cyberlink's PowerDVD 13ultra will work or if I'll have to run powerdvd 14 ultra ??
ADDED, decided on getting Cyberlink's PowerDVD 13ultra, its compatible to W8 and has all the goodies for BluRay/DVD & CD.. for a good price and seems to have good ratings :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts