Modern Camaro Forums banner

Last "saleable" Monte Carlo auctioned off

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  super60 
#1 ·
The last "saleable" Chevrolet Monte Carlo - a precision red model with silver rally stripes and ebony nuance leather signed at this year's Brickyard 400 race by all Team Chevy NASCAR Nextel Cup members, including race winner Tony Stewart - was purchased at a special GM Sponsored Auctions sale yesterday at Manheim's Statesville (N.C.) Auto Auction.

The purchasing dealer was John Simon of Simon Chevrolet-Buick, Woonsocket, R.I., whose winning bid was $72,800.

The Monte Carlo nameplate has the most wins in NASCAR history.
The last Monte Carlo, an identical model, will be retained by the GM Heritage Collection.

....also... pictured in the center (wearing the white Chevrolet polo) is John Fitzpatrick, Camaro Marketing Manager. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I read somewhere that GM isn't ruling out bringing back the Monte at a later date as a RWD.

I LOVED the design of this one, just didn't like that it was FWD :(.

#6 ·
Impala is a 4wd sedan..and the Monte is a coupe. That wouldn't have worked too well.

**** shame the best looking cars always get prematurely axed (Roadmaster, Eldorado, Monte Carlo, etc.).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.