Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I don't know. Adding a WS6 hood to a V6 is kinda rice. Enjoy the car as it is, don't try to make it look like something it's not.

When I bought my Vette, the previous owner had made mods, like air intake, exhaust, headers, etc..., and he put an LT4 decal on the car. It may have had extra HP, but it was no LT4. I don't understand that. I took it off as soon as I could.

Just my opinion, but dressing up a V6 to be a WS6 is kinda silly.

Otherwise, that's a good price, and a really good looking car. That would be a good car to have.

·
Registered
178 Posts
idk but i cant see the link.

but im guessing u have a bird n u want to put a ws6 hood on it.
and no offense, to the guy under me but theres nothing wrong with that.
it prob wont happen anymore bc of my situation but i planned on putting the ws6 hood on my car and the trans am spoiler on it as well. it just looks tons better.
but seriously, thats not rice. its perfectly fine.
its not like hes putting ws6 badges on it or like mustang fags who put cobra badges on a v6. he likes the hood bc it looks nice. and its very common.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
But correct me if I'm wrong, but it's adding features that don't make a difference. That's how people have defined Rice. Does the WS6 hood have functionality on the factory car?

I guess rice isn't really if you add parts that are stock on one version of a model to another version of the model. The rear spoiler I can see, but the WS6 hood, I don't know. But, to each his own. I certainly don't have the best taste in the world, other than thinking the Camaro is the best thing since sliced bread.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
But correct me if I'm wrong, but it's adding features that don't make a difference. That's how people have defined Rice. Does the WS6 hood have functionality on the factory car?

I guess rice isn't really if you add parts that are stock on one version of a model to another version of the model. The rear spoiler I can see, but the WS6 hood, I don't know. But, to each his own. I certainly don't have the best taste in the world, other than thinking the Camaro is the best thing since sliced bread.
Quoting myself again. I said the spoiler I could understand.

The hood, though, looks like it has intakes for something under the hood that is not on the regular cars. I was asking if it was or not, I don't know. Only seen one WS6 and they didn't raise the hood. If it's only for looks on the WS6, then I say sure, throw it on any other model you want.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it looks like a nice car...I say go for it.

I don't have a problem with putting a WS6 hood on it...I think they look cool. I don't think it's "rice"...it serves as much purpose as any other body mod. Personally though, I think if you plan on buying a 5th gen anyway, I'd save the money towards that and not spend it on a hood (or any other mods) on this one...you wont get that $$ back. If you need a DD car, just buy it, drive it and take care of it.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ws6 hoods are $700 new
thats barely a dent in the camaro price.
yes, but add in paint and prep...it adds up. Unless you can find a used one in the same color.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
u can find them used for $200 as well.
and when i bought paint it was $60 so not that much.
and prep idk how much that is bc ive got a gun
well allrighty than...not enough women like you around.;):rolleyes:

I was assuming he doesn't have his own means to paint his hood.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Does the WS6 hood have functionality on the factory car?
Yes, it allows air to flow into the air intake box. Its a bit more of a direct flow than the duct system used on the SS hood.

·
5,668 Posts

I would defintley not call that rice. It's an apperance mod and a good looking one at that.

Using that definition, adding stripes to your car or any thing to make it look better is rice.

It's not like he wants to do something that would make the car look worse that has no performance gain. BTW it doesn't do anything for a V8 car that it doesn't do for a V6 car. The air intake is made the same if it didn't come with the hood stock.

·
Registered
544 Posts
There is no real definition as to what "rice" is in an actual dictionary. So, until it is placed in a dictionary, "rice" is just your own opinion of what "rice" is. There's no right or wrong, IMO.

·
5,668 Posts
There is no real definition as to what "rice" is in an actual dictionary. So, until it is placed in a dictionary, "rice" is just your own opinion of what "rice" is. There's no right or wrong, IMO.
Well I don't think the majority are going to give anyone crap for a WS6 hood on a V6 firebird unless he puts WS6 emblems on it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would defintley not call that rice. It's an apperance mod and a good looking one at that.

Using that definition, adding stripes to your car or any thing to make it look better is rice.

It's not like he wants to do something that would make the car look worse that has no performance gain. BTW it doesn't do anything for a V8 car that it doesn't do for a V6 car. The air intake is made the same if it didn't come with the hood stock.
+1. if youre going to buy this hood as a hp mod, u need to go buy a honda. because this hood serves no purpose. omg omg it gets like a centimeter more of air in there. it give u like a tenth of a horse. if ur going to spend almost a grand on a tenth of a horse... jsut wow. people only buy this hood for appearrance.
and the ws6 itself....Don't forget the hood, a WS6 emblem and about $3500.00. thats about all u get with that upgrade as opposed to a reg trans am.
if u want to get technical:
Ram Air hood
WS6 lower air box
32mm front sway bar
1LE springs (for '98, '99, and some '00s)
WS6 badging & Ram Air decals
Lower restriction catback
17" high polished wheels w/ 275/40/ZR17 tires
Jounce spacers for 17X9" wheels
Power steering cooler

not that much. def not worth $3500

1 - 20 of 22 Posts