Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just announced yesterday the 2013 GT500 has been certified at 662hp and 630lb ft TQ, 16 city and 24 hwy- no gas guzzler tax.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It must be witchcraft. The ZR1 is 638hp, 3300lbs, and it appears to be much more aerodynamic. How come the ZR1 only gets 21 mpg and has a gas guzzler tax?

Answer: GT500 is a hybrid. Part monster, part witch.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Seems to defy physics.....

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Solid rear axle gets better gas mileage. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
At 662 HP, 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Certified As World’s Most Powerful V8! Segment-Leading Fuel Efficiency

The 5.8-liter supercharged V8 in the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 is SAE certified at 662 horsepower and 631 lb.-ft. of torque

The world’s most powerful production V8 is backed up by chassis, aerodynamic and braking performance that makes the GT500 an outstanding all-around sports car

Even with 112 horsepower more than the 2012 GT500, fuel economy is increased by 1 mpg both city and highway, 5 mpg better than Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

****...Now picture that engine in a ZR1!!! You would have a real world beater, probably set a record time at the Ring!! Lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Once again, I'll admit that that is extremely impressive. But, before I jump up and down with excitement, I'll wait for the official Ring time to be released. Not to burst your bubble, but to my knowledge, Ford has not release any times for the GT500, to include the test they conducted at Richmond International Raceway....

As a consumer, I have to ask myself why? Chevrolet immediately released the time's of all its test, to include Richmond and the Ring.... I can only assume that Ford was highly disappointed with over-all lap times, there for they went back to the R&D room. And in the meantime, they keep talking about the engine and the power it's putting out.

But let me ask you this; what good is all that power if you can't hook it to the ground?!?!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Once again, I'll admit that that is extremely impressive. But, before I jump up and down with excitement, I'll wait for the official Ring time to be released. Not to burst your bubble, but to my knowledge, Ford has not release any times for the GT500, to include the test they conducted at Richmond International Raceway....

As a consumer, I have to ask myself why? Chevrolet immediately released the time's of all its test, to include Richmond and the Ring.... I can only assume that Ford was highly disappointed with over-all lap times, there for they went back to the R&D room. And in the meantime, they keep talking about the engine and the power it's putting out.

But let me ask you this; what good is all that power if you can't hook it to the ground?!?!
+1.......

·
Registered
123 Posts
We shouldn't have to wait.... My point is, they've already tested it and ran it at a couple tracks; when are we, as consumers, going to get those times?!?! :rolleyes:
Because they are waiting to shock the world with the sub 7 second Ring time.
Lol.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
...I wonder if it has the auto-destruct Chi-ComTRANny?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts