21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
That's alot of freakin horsepower

·
Registered
356 Posts
Gobbs of torque....The right gearing and lots of torque are the 2 things I can think of would have the biggest effect on mpg.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Burn it, see if it floats.... FUNNY STUFF..... As Carroll Shelby says himself however... 4X in the first few minutes.... Well....
see it from his own mouth. You can put any HP you want in the car, "it is still what it is"... Just HIS .02.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Burn it, see if it floats.... FUNNY STUFF..... As Carroll Shelby says himself however... 4X in the first few minutes.... Well....
see it from his own mouth. You can put any HP you want in the car, "it is still what it is"... Just HIS .02.

Carol Shelby on the Ford Mustang GT350 / GT500 KR - YouTube
No big revelation there. All the pony cars came from humble roots.It's what they
did with them that makes it all the more impressive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No big revelation there. All the pony cars came from humble roots.It's what they
did with them that makes it all the more impressive.
But, it is a stigma that sticks...... it still has the straight axle, it still has "that look" (despite stripes and badges), and just popping in 650+ HP doesn't make it appealing. Don't get me wrong... its a nice car... but it doesn't make ME feel inside what the ZL1 does! The doors close with a hollowness sound and the raindrops on the roof of the GT500 (at least 3 yrs ago).. sounded tinny...and overpowered the radio in a rain! Just the "feel" it gave me.... No arguments on this. Just my take. For $60K i'd take the ZL1, and if not a ZL1, NOT a $60K Mustang! Just doesn't shake MY ROOTS.....even with 650 hp. The ZL1 DOES shake my roots! It just feels and LOOKS more purposeful to me.

Now for that matter, I like the Camaro ZL1 better than a Vette ZR1 too. The Vette is getting rather smooth and exotic looking vs MUSCLE looking. IMHO

·
Registered
123 Posts
But, it is a stigma that sticks...... it still has the straight axle, it still has "that look" (despite stripes and badges), and just popping in 650+ HP doesn't make it appealing. Don't get me wrong... its a nice car... but it doesn't make ME feel inside what the ZL1 does! The doors close with a hollowness sound and the raindrops on the roof of the GT500 (at least 3 yrs ago).. sounded tinny...and overpowered the radio in a rain! Just the "feel" it gave me.... No arguments on this. Just my take. For $60K i'd take the ZL1, and if not a ZL1, NOT a $60K Mustang! Just doesn't shake MY ROOTS.....even with 650 hp. The ZL1 DOES shake my roots! It just feels and LOOKS more purposeful to me.

Now for that matter, I like the Camaro ZL1 better than a Vette ZR1 too. The Vette is getting rather smooth and exotic looking vs MUSCLE looking. IMHO
Ya, but the Mustang is the most popular nameplate brand on facebook! Over four million fans and growing!! :lol:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ya, but the Mustang is the most popular nameplate brand on facebook! Over four million fans and growing!! :lol:
Hey... if you are a Mustang fan....nice to have you hanging out in the Modern Camaro yard! You see, you actually DO FEEL SPECIAL in the Camaro community don't you? UNLIKE just being one of MILLIONS on Facebook! LOL!!

... the mustang has been DILUTED to the max. Everybody and his sister has one of some form or another. Not very unique, and LIKE YOU SAY... very common...... It's the "ME TOO" car. The only thing that makes one unique is the stripe and badge with a hood scoop now and then, but even those stripe packages look trite. The Camaro's (all).... ARE UNIQUE in Design and won worldwide recognition for design.

Chevrolet Camaro wins the 2010 World Car Design of the Year Award - Car Body Design

The Mustang has never gotten this award.

World Car of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't figure it out. 99% of all the visitors to these forums don't own a ZL1 or a 2013 GT500 but are real quick to critique. Most of the actual owners of them, like me, are actually out driving and enjoying them, being indulged by their magnificence. The 2012 ZL1 and the 2013 GT500 are both historical for different reasons and those who own either should be grateful, for they both will be rare birds in the long run. The Camaro is just a little more unique! :thumbsup:

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Can't figure it out. 99% of all the visitors to these forums don't own a ZL1 or a 2013 GT500 but are real quick to critique. :
Those people are called "haters". Never understood the reason behind it, it always seems like a bully mentality: "Tear you down to make me feel bigger".

Me? I'm just purely jealous. Can't wait to be in the ZL1 club. One day...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those people are called "haters". Never understood the reason behind it, it always seems like a bully mentality: "Tear you down to make me feel bigger".

Me? I'm just purely jealous. Can't wait to be in the ZL1 club. One day...
Don't be that way! It's not a "club".... hell, I see plenty of good looking LT Camaros I'd actually like to own. Matter of fact, the LT is much easier on the pocketbook and stress free! I like them all! I'm not sure any car has gotten my attention better than the 2010-2013 Camaros since the 60's!! GM just kicked this out of the park with the design. All Camaro owners got a great car!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
80 MPH at 1500 RPM, according to motor trend, that's some helaciously tall gearing and how they get past the Gas Guzzler Taz. 80 MPH in my GTO is a shade over 2K (25 mpg Hwy) , 80 in my Z28 was about 1600 to 1800 with 2.73 ( about 30 mpg hwy) gearing and I'm sure this GT500 doesn't have 2.73 gears so what the hell size is the OD gear on it ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey... if you are a Mustang fan....nice to have you hanging out in the Modern Camaro yard! You see, you actually DO FEEL SPECIAL in the Camaro community don't you? UNLIKE just being one of MILLIONS on Facebook! LOL!!

... the mustang has been DILUTED to the max. Everybody and his sister has one of some form or another. Not very unique, and LIKE YOU SAY... very common...... It's the "ME TOO" car. The only thing that makes one unique is the stripe and badge with a hood scoop now and then, but even those stripe packages look trite. The Camaro's (all).... ARE UNIQUE in Design and won worldwide recognition for design.

Chevrolet Camaro wins the 2010 World Car Design of the Year Award - Car Body Design

The Mustang has never gotten this award.

World Car of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't figure it out. 99% of all the visitors to these forums don't own a ZL1 or a 2013 GT500 but are real quick to critique. Most of the actual owners of them, like me, are actually out driving and enjoying them, being indulged by their magnificence. The 2012 ZL1 and the 2013 GT500 are both historical for different reasons and those who own either should be grateful, for they both will be rare birds in the long run. The Camaro is just a little more unique! :thumbsup:
The 1965 Mustang won the Tiffany Gold Medal for excellence in American design, the first automobile ever to do so. Not the same, but pretty prestigious.

I was checking the link out..If the Camaro didn't win the award with that uglier than **** competition they put against it..Well, that would be sad. Lol.
That being said it is a great looking car, and I do like the looks of it, more so in the rag top configuration. The Camaro looks way better when it sheds its roof in my opinion. :D

21 - 35 of 35 Posts