Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the same car I designed the first Camaro Chiller on in 2011 for Turbo99. I removed the entire system and updated everything with the latest design.

This Chiller is 18” long so thats 50% longer than the original 12”, this thing is a monster and requires bumper modification. Nearly every part has been refined since 2011 and is custom made for our application.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a great picture GizmoQ sent me over a year after his Chiller installation on his XLR V over spun to 30psi.

Here are the 3 cores Standard 30 plate, 40 plate upgrade and the Xtreme 18”.

Standard vs. Xtreme Chiller.

Here is a Chiller I removed installed by another shop side by side with our standard 30 plate used since 09. It appears to be a 20 plate which is 1 of many reasons it never worked.

KB Diverter Valve assembly as shipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Dave, I just joined over here, looking to leave C5 just tired of the way they run things there.
Chiller has been doing good ran a 10.82 @ 130

·
2012 TF3 Manual
239 Posts
These have always been interesting to me since first an idea. What kind of power loss do you experience having to run the a/c compressor off of the engine power? Couldn't this be made into its own system with an electric a/c compressor like what is in the Prius just to drive this unit? I like the idea of not having to run Alky but not sure I want to add the strain of these extra parts/volume on the a/c system and have to run the a/c in order to cool the iat's while under load. Maybe I am misunderstanding the a/c system hmmmm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These have always been interesting to me since first an idea. What kind of power loss do you experience having to run the a/c compressor off of the engine power? Couldn't this be made into its own system with an electric a/c compressor like what is in the Prius just to drive this unit? I like the idea of not having to run Alky but not sure I want to add the strain of these extra parts/volume on the a/c system and have to run the a/c in order to cool the iat's while under load. Maybe I am misunderstanding the a/c system hmmmm.
There is no additional load on your car engine or A/C system, the A/C system is plenty big enough to support this. I haven't had any less cool A/C inside. You don't keep it on during a pass at the track you just shut it off at the staging light and the water is cold enough to make the pass effective and when you get to the end turn it back on. It has a competition mode for the track and it diverts all the cooling power of the A/C to the system and not inside your car, but also works with everyday driving and your A/C on with no ill effects.
I have had mine for about 3 years now and I was the first to get one on the Gen 5 Camaros.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dave,
I am about to leave for work again but I will get with you in May when I get back for the upgrades we discussed before with the different valve in my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts