41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Two female naugas (faux) with their winter coats just starting to come in.

Affectionate, aren't they?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
nauga nauga :)

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Shedding is progressing nicely. No photos posted out of respect for the naked naugas!!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
but we all like naked pics :lol: where do the naugas go for the summer? do they lay out in the sun to cure their new hides?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
They stay in the shade for the first two months. New skin is very sun sensitive.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
My best friend was just starting to raise some, but the darned dog won't leave them alone. He likes chasing them. When they run into the blackberry bushes their skins get all scratched up.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I gathered enough at my buddy's farm to buy a new truck! I picked it up last night. Great truck. It's truck month @ GM, so the deal was impossible to pass up. I got a good trade for my old one too.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
I gathered enough at my buddy's farm to buy a new truck! I picked it up last night. Great truck. It's truck month @ GM, so the deal was impossible to pass up. I got a good trade for my old one too.

:thumbsup: Good looking truck, I have been looking for 4X4 suburbans myself, my old 1999 is ok but tired.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It's Truck Month at your Chevy dealer. They've got deals you wouldn't believe.
Mine listed at 42K. When everything was done, I paid ~32K for my All Star Ediition 4x4 with a 5.3L V8 Too good to pass up.

Go have a look. It can't hurt!

If you're a USAA member it can save you a BUNCH of money.

Of course, your dealer may not accept nauga hydes as payment.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I love the color of your new truck!! Your side line nauga business really paid off!! I should get into it. I'm still trying to develop a money tree!! #$%^& bills won't get big enough, even with daily water and fertilizer!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
thornless blackberry bushes are the way to go ... the naugas love blackberries so they get good and fat and the skins grow with then, no stretching ... one fat blackberry fed nauga equals THREE normal naugas ... they get a lil meaner to other wildlife so nothing chases a fat nauga when feeding on thornless blackberries

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
We'll have to try that. The thorns damage the hydes.

Now that you mention it, they DO get kind of aggressive about their food.

I went out and had a chance to check the farm tonight. The new skins are coming in nicely, but still kind of pink. They're just starting to darken over the ribs. Too bad there isn't much of a market for pink naugahyde. We shear the faux again next spring. Hopefully, the market will be up for faux fur. This year was pretty bad.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yeah, here too. Another week or so and we'll be finished.
They're cute when they're all pink like this...

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
It's all over in SC.
Yep, they are cute pink, but they will stay in the shade for about two months until their new skins toughen up some.
Nauga feels so good on my hiney!!!

41 - 60 of 110 Posts