Modern Camaro Forums banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I overheard some local nauga farmers talking about getting a National Nauga Growers Association started. They want to promote new uses for nauga hides. Check your local news websites for an announcement soon.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
...I just found out that the fur gearshift covers and change purses are made from tribbles when they shed their skins.

We have another shedding coming up as soon as the weather breaks. The naugas and faux will be shedding their white skins for their summer colors any day now.

We have a HUGE tribble that's glorious in it's white fur. I hope it's a good shed and we can get it undamaged. I want a hat!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
...I just found out that the fur gearshift covers and change purses are made from tribbles when they shed their skins.

We have another shedding coming up as soon as the weather breaks. The naugas and faux will be shedding their white skins for their summer colors any day now.

We have a HUGE tribble that's glorious in it's white fur. I hope it's a good shed and we can get it undamaged. I want a hat!
I thought tribble fur came out as singles or in small clumps

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
It's a BIG tribble. This one is big enough to make a hat out of.

Slippers:

Here's the big white one. It's about 15" across:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Naugas here are very frisky during this mild winter we are having. Unfortunately, the warm weather is causing them to have thinner than usual coats. I predict the price of nauga will be extremely high.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Funny, they're not active here yet. I did see a couple of smaller ones back by my garden shed. Probably strays that got away from the neighbor. They just looked at me and lumbered away when I went out on the back porch.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Saw four fat ones raiding my feeder at the ranch. They hit it every night after dark, they climb up the pole legs on the feeder and move the spinner. I have about 100 pictures I got off of the game spy camera today from all of last month. The deer just stand under the feeder looking up and wait for the corn to fall when those bandits come around!

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
The "bandits" at the ranch recruited some help from a big female pig about 400 pounds. I'm not worried because she has a date with "lead poisoning" real soon.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Careful JWD Those wild ones can get mean in a hurry. Hopefully a high capacity magazine?

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Don't shoot 'em... Bullets mess up their skins. Just walk up and grab 'em. Naugas are gentle, and stupidly trusting. Besides, the meat is almost exactly like nutria.

Here's a couple of the short-haired brown ones, taken out back at my place.

If you're lucky and know someone restoring a 70's Cutlass, the long-haired faux (female nauga) fur can easily be sold to "pimp out" the interior.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Don't shoot 'em... Bullets mess up their skins. Just walk up and grab 'em. Naugas are gentle, and stupidly trusting. Besides, the meat is almost exactly like nutria.

Here's a couple of the short-haired brown ones, taken out back at my place.

If you're lucky and know someone restoring a 70's Cutlass, the long-haired faux (female nauga) fur can easily be sold to "pimp out" the interior.
It's mating season according to that photo!!

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
The naugas were back out from their winter nap earlier this week. I spotted one out by my garden shed. A decent sized male. Medium brown with black socks.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Yea, the Grand Nagus of Naugas is tearing up the ground under my feeder at the ranch behind my shop!

Attachments

81 - 100 of 110 Posts